Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
- December 5th - A very dark, grey and overcast day without... December 6, 2017
- December 5th - In Telford again, and the work on the footbridge... December 6, 2017
- December 4th - Although it suddenly got warmer over the weekend,... December 5, 2017
- December 3rd - A quick, snatched photo taken while on an errand... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - The Drunken Duck in Walsall Wood High Street is a... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - Again passing through the Wood, this time to... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - Visiting Walsall Wood on an errand on my way... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - It was still very cold on Friday evening, and... December 4, 2017
- November 30th - Heading home that evening I hit the canal at the... December 4, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Ilkeston put the freeze on Walsall Wood
- Ooh - it's snowing! Walsall Schools closure list...
- Stourport swiftly dominate Wood as Wolves grab a sporting chance
- All white now
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 4,896,627 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Coffee Morning
Sorry folks, a bit behind today, my apologies – but a quick note to say there’s a coffee morning for Macmillan going on at the Calvary Pentecostal Church in Brownhills from right now until about 1pm. It only started at 11 so plenty of time to get down there.
I know it’s late on but there’s a great even going on in Whittington this afternoon (Saturday, 15th April 2017) in aid of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust ‘Tunnel Vision’ appeal – Eric and Doreen’s All Day Easter Coffee Morning.
Top contributor, commentor and all round good egg the young David Evans has been busy over the last few weeks organising a treat for local history buffs in Brownhills and the wider community – he’s been asked to do a couple of talks on the history of Walsall Wood.
Sorry folks, a bit behind this week, my apologies – but a quick note to say there’s a coffee morning for Macmillan going on at the Calvary Pentecostal Church in Brownhills from right now until 2pm. It only started at 11 so plenty of time to get down there.
Continue reading →
Walsall Library service in partnership with Walsall Healthcare NHS is hosting a free coffee morning at Brownhills Library, Parkview Centre, Today Friday 9 October from 9.30am to 1pm as part of World Mental Health Day.
You’ll all know I’m keen to support local community organisations, clubs and schools where I can – such things are vital to the social life of the town and help folks get together and make things better for all of us.
Bonita Clayton from Brownhills Community Association has been in touch to let me know that their recent fundraising event for Macmillan went very well indeed, and asked if I could thank all those who took part. It is, of course, my … Continue reading →