Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 11th - After getting one or two bits of shopping in, it... December 14, 2017
- December 11th - I’d run around in the morning sorting displaced... December 14, 2017
- December 10th - I continued from Chasewater up around Engine... December 13, 2017
- December 10th - They say things come to those who wait, and... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield has a little secret that I’d love to... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield Food Festival was huge, and very busy.... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - I was looking forward to a snowy ride out to a... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - As I approached the supermarket at Burntwood,... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - The forecast had been for heavy snow during the... December 13, 2017
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Man tries to enter lady's car in Brownhills - be on your guard folks
- Police issue statement on incident at Northgate, Aldridge this morning
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- There's a great Christmas Fair in Brownhills this Friday evening...
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- The 'Crucifixion' incident in Walsall Wood - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Parents warned after incident in Aldridge
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Local history stuff: this much we know
- 4,911,689 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Churches
It’s that time of year again, and I welcome news of Christmas Fairs, tree festivals and festive events of all kinds to share with readers – first up there are three great Christmas events in Aldridge this weekend, with the three-day Christmas Tree Festival kicking off at 11am this morning.
Continue reading →
Last weekend, Saturday and Sunday 11-12th November 2017 saw the annual Remembrance weekend in the UK and I’m pleased to say Walsall Borough and South Staffordshire did themselves proud and staged a whole range of parades and events that were well supported and attended – and I was especially pleased to see the wonderful turnout and effort in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
The young David Evans yesterday (Sunday, 12th November 2017) went to his local Remembrance event in Walsall Wood and sent in a wonderful gallery of images to mark this most sombre of days.
Following my request for information to make a list of local Remembrance events, I can again share with readers a list of local Remembrance services taking place locally this Remembrance Sunday, 12th November 2017 – this list will be updated with more info as I get it.
This is just a quick request for help – in past years, we have crowdsourced from readers a list of local Remembrance parades and events taking place throughout the area, that was popular and useful to many of the readership.
Never one to sit back and let life pass her by, that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is involved with a new project – Lichfield Repair and Share – which starts today (Saturday, 29th April 2017) at Woodhouse Farm, just north of Whittington, between 2pm and 4pm.
This is late news just in, but those readers who enjoy choral music can catch a great performance this very afternoon (Wednesday 12th April 2017) at Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills.