Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 29th - Here’s an odd one. In the dark, I spotted dark... August 30, 2016
- August 29th - Not a fan of August Bank Holiday. The day off is... August 30, 2016
- August 28th - Staunton Harold is a beautiful reservoir, created... August 29, 2016
- August 29th - Another day, another reservoir, this time Staunton... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - As I travelled home along the canal, I listened to... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - The rain held off while I visited the Festival of... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - it’s been 7 years since I last rode this way. A... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - An afternoon off, so a long ride into Derbyshire... August 29, 2016
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent - wallet/cardholder lost in Brownhills
- A pictorial record
- Pictures from the Pelsall Festival of Water 2016
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Temperance, even!
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Have you lost a calico cat in the Aldridge area?
- Diamonds and dust
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- 3,454,544 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @newsfondue: This isn't about a class war. It's about distracting you from incompetence by playing on your paranoia. https://t.co/YzEqWZ… 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking The night has… twelve eyes? ift.tt/2c3WDn7 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Still fine days to come: ift.tt/2c5QcjI 4 hours ago
- RT @StarrOutlook: BBC News - Man in red dress and wig holds up Liverpool sex shop bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan… 5 hours ago
- Local history in action. Read the comments. brownhillsbob.com/2016/08/28/a-p… 6 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Chasewater Railway
I notice that this Sunday, 24th July 2016, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway byMabel’s Vintage Carriage, who have a regular vintage stall in a carriage at the preserved railway.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (20th September 2015), there’s to be an Autumn Fair at Chasewater – it runs from 12 noon until 4pm and features a variety of craft and food stalls for all to enjoy.
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I’ve spotted the following on the Chasewater Country Park Facebook page, which should give some ideas to families wanting to enjoy the good weather but not travel too far this bank holiday weekend.
I was saddened to receive yesterday from Chasewater Transport Show organiser Helen Borton, a copy of a mail she’s sent to Chasewater Park management, detailing some conflict within the park community over this popular free show – it doesn’t make pleasant reading.
Continue reading →
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit today… there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre. At the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake – now well on the way to recovery after recently being drained.
Continue reading →