Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 30th - Another beautiful, frosty and glass-hard... December 1, 2016
- November 29th - It’s time. The winter tyres, with tungsten... November 30, 2016
- November 29th - A dreamy, icy, freezing morning that turned my... November 30, 2016
- November 28th - Although Victoria Park in Darlaston is beautiful... November 29, 2016
- November 28th - Pleased to note the return this year of the... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - I passed through Lichfield at sunset, and later,... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - How can this possibly be morally... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - It was a very dramatic-looking afternoon as I... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - It’s rather sad, but I bet the person who locked... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - A day spent shopping, eating and having fun in... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - Out for an early spa and an errand to Aldridge,... November 29, 2016
- November 25th - I have no idea what these lovely yellow flowers... November 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware: Children approached in Brownhills in two recent incidents
- Badger baiting taking place locally as wounded dog found in Brownhills
- Suspicious activity in Brownhills: Be on your guard
- The mystery of The Lost Stonnall Hoard
- Aldridge Christmas Tree Festival - on all weekend!
- Disturbing incident in Shire Oak - householders be on your guard!
- Find out about a great local canal restoration with a guided walk this Saturday!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Brownhills Christmas Market Magic 2016 - coming soon!
- Urgent! Please look out for a moped stolen from Walsall Wood
- 3,749,854 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @1GoldilocksZone: @BrownhillsBob? Are you @what_fish's mum? twitter.com/what_fish/stat… 4 hours ago
- Still, in comfy seats in a dimly lit cafe with a log burner, good tea and a wee lass giggling about mawkish ceramic mice is wonderful 4 hours ago
- RT @jpmens: Girls & boys, I will admit, this is a first for me: https://t.co/numJeDcCkd 4 hours ago
- RT @thestymaster: I'm at a piss-up in a brewery. @backyardbeer 's brewery to be precise. 4 hours ago
- <Note from Pickle> Bob is really GRUMPY because a man at the cafe asked him why he was RIDING A BIKE AT HIS AGE. He's furious! 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Chasewater Railway
I notice that this Sunday, 24th July 2016, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway byMabel’s Vintage Carriage, who have a regular vintage stall in a carriage at the preserved railway.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (20th September 2015), there’s to be an Autumn Fair at Chasewater – it runs from 12 noon until 4pm and features a variety of craft and food stalls for all to enjoy.
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I’ve spotted the following on the Chasewater Country Park Facebook page, which should give some ideas to families wanting to enjoy the good weather but not travel too far this bank holiday weekend.
I was saddened to receive yesterday from Chasewater Transport Show organiser Helen Borton, a copy of a mail she’s sent to Chasewater Park management, detailing some conflict within the park community over this popular free show – it doesn’t make pleasant reading.
Continue reading →
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit today… there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre. At the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake – now well on the way to recovery after recently being drained.
Continue reading →