Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 29th - The brightness increased at Tipton in the early... September 29, 2016
- September 29th - A long morning involving a trip to Telford with... September 29, 2016
- September 28th - I’m seeing lots of these berries in patches of... September 28, 2016
- September 28th - Although not as dramatic, the following sunrise... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - It was clear when I left work that there was... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - I was lucky to spot this Japanese parasol... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - There’s still a bountiful crop of elderberries... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - On my way home in the road in the backstreets... September 28, 2016
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Whatever the weather, Malcolm got through...
- Hare and gone
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Deer water chase at Chasewater...
- Shire Oak Quarry expansion consultation event - this Friday
- Chasewater Railway celebrate Teddy's 75th birthday this Sunday!
- Burning celluloid?
- Open day and night
- Have a brew for Macmillan today and tomorrow!
- A lost line
- 3,530,252 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @forest_fr1ends: - and that star up there is grandma watching over us, judging every f**king thing i do... - GEOFF! https://t.co/EphxHyt… 6 minutes ago
- RT @RopesToInfinity: Someone has anonymously posted two parsnips through my neighbour's letterbox, is this good enough for a tweet or shoul… 7 minutes ago
- RT @RobOnABike: 2 hours ago I'd never heard of rough puff pastry. Turns out it's actually quite a convincing cheat. https://t.co/kWRnq9GA1z 14 minutes ago
- We've got ourselves outside of homemade sweet and sour chicken and noodles, and STINKY CHEESE and biscuits. This'll do 22 minutes ago
- Went to lichfield for some shopping and to pick something up. It was dry mostly but the rain caught us on the way back. Soaked 28 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Chasewater Railway
I notice that this Sunday, 24th July 2016, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway byMabel’s Vintage Carriage, who have a regular vintage stall in a carriage at the preserved railway.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (20th September 2015), there’s to be an Autumn Fair at Chasewater – it runs from 12 noon until 4pm and features a variety of craft and food stalls for all to enjoy.
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I’ve spotted the following on the Chasewater Country Park Facebook page, which should give some ideas to families wanting to enjoy the good weather but not travel too far this bank holiday weekend.
I was saddened to receive yesterday from Chasewater Transport Show organiser Helen Borton, a copy of a mail she’s sent to Chasewater Park management, detailing some conflict within the park community over this popular free show – it doesn’t make pleasant reading.
Continue reading →
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit today… there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre. At the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake – now well on the way to recovery after recently being drained.
Continue reading →