Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 23rd - If the mist of the previous evening had been... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Frustratingly, I had to pop into Birmingham on... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Passing through Telford on a flying visit in the... February 23, 2018
- February 21st - Meanwhile, in Kings Hill Park the crowds are... February 21, 2018
- February 21st - Looking down Victoria Road from Darlaston Town... February 21, 2018
- February 20th - Spring is encroaching. This evening, coming... February 21, 2018
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Rest in peace Brian 'Bill' White: Funeral details announced
- October 1991 - MP calls for a two day exhibition of Toll Road
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- Class photos
- Two great events coming up from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Trust!
- Fired up
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- Have a great night of music and dance - and Back The Track!
- Follow my drift?
- 5,090,157 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Shannon Diana
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: RBL
I’ve had a fascinating and very detailed enquiry come in from reader Emma Smith that I’m hoping some of the old blog hands and researchers can help with – I know that Brownhills still has a British Legion Branch (whose current appeal for the Remembrance Parade is very important) and I hope someone can hook up with them to perhaps light this enquiry up.
I’m not going to beat around the bush here – this is a very important issue that I’ve been vocal about for some time, and this year it’s coming to a head.
Theres a really important event taking place this Friday morning 11th November 2016), the Brownhills British Legion will hold a two minute Remembrance silence at the Cenotaph at St. James Church in Brownhills at 11:00am.
Theres a really important service taking place this Friday morning (1st July 2016), commemorating the centenary of the commencement of the Battle of the Somme – the service is being held by Brownhills British Legion at the Cenotaph at St. James Church in Brownhills at 11:00am.
Hey people, listen up – theres a really important service taking place this Saturday morning (15th August 2015), commemorating the 70 year anniversary of VJ Day – it’s being held by Brownhills British Legion at the Cenotaph at St James in Brownhills at 11am.