Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
- December 5th - A very dark, grey and overcast day without... December 6, 2017
- December 5th - In Telford again, and the work on the footbridge... December 6, 2017
- December 4th - Although it suddenly got warmer over the weekend,... December 5, 2017
- December 3rd - A quick, snatched photo taken while on an errand... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - The Drunken Duck in Walsall Wood High Street is a... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - Again passing through the Wood, this time to... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - Visiting Walsall Wood on an errand on my way... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - It was still very cold on Friday evening, and... December 4, 2017
- November 30th - Heading home that evening I hit the canal at the... December 4, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Ilkeston put the freeze on Walsall Wood
- Ooh - it's snowing! Walsall Schools closure list...
- Stourport swiftly dominate Wood as Wolves grab a sporting chance
- All white now
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 4,896,679 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: event
A couple of Christmas shows on at Pelsall Community Centre this weekend too – tonight Saturday 2nd December 2017 it’s Centre Stage’s Christmas Cracker from 7:30pm until 10:30pm with tickets at £6 for adults and £4 for kids.
Ongoing right now (2nd December 2017) is the Hands to the Homeless Christmas Fair at the Wesley Church Hall in Wesley Road, Short Heath from 10-3pm – it’s 50p per family and all welcome, with proceeds to The Glebe Centre.
I see from the events list that Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge have a collectors fair taking place this Sunday (19th November 2017) from 10:00am until 4:00pm, and should be just the thing for auto buffs, transport enthusiasts and petrol heads of all types.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Monday evening (13th November 2017) there will be the November 2017 Public Meeting of the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →
Autumn Leaves Running Day at Aldridge Transport Museum this Sunday – and the finale of Beer and Buses!
While the Beer and Buses festival is ongoing at Aston Manor Transport Museum in Aldridge today and tomorrow (Saturday and Sunday, 14th and 15th October 2017) it’s worth pointing out that tomorrow, as well as the culmination of the beer event, it’s also the Autumn Leaves Running Day at the popular local museum.
Continue reading →
Over this weekend of 13th-15th October 2017, there’s a great, innovative event taking place at Aston Manor Road Transport Museum just off Northgate, Aldridge – Beer and Buses, combining a great beer festival at the local museum, culminating in the Aston Manor Transport Museum Autumn Leaves running day on the Sunday.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Monday evening (9th October 2017) there will be the October 2017 Public Meeting of the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.