Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
- July 20th - I’m fascinated at the moment by continuing work... July 20, 2016
- July 20th - People seem to think I’m negative about buddleia,... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - Oh, hi pals. Where have you been? Not seen you for a... July 20, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- More Costa jobs up for grabs in Brownhills
- Fondly remembering a local musical talent
- Mabel's Vintage Fair at Chasewater Railway this Sunday!
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of a patient
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Burntwood Wakes on right now!
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- 3,373,652 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @cheekyricardo: Remember when the biggest problem in the UK was that we might have been eating horses? Good times. 1 minute ago
- RT @prodnose: Another helpful tip for Dover traffic: Imagine you are in a line of cars waiting to run over Boris Johnson. 6 minutes ago
- RT @SlowSlownews: Looks like you truly never leave The Police. https://t.co/XMl0bBS5CN 14 minutes ago
- RT @moralpanic_uk: A phone survey.. 😏 twitter.com/skynews/status… 19 minutes ago
- RT @bellamyonabike: Started off pedalling in a shower of rain, but worth it now https://t.co/tGCkf5hk85 20 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: event
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is organising a great Saturday afternoon photo walk around Lichfield, with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered.
So, another great event this Sunday (1oth July 2016) – Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be a hive of activity again as they hold their Annual Open Day featuring buses and vehicles that will bring back great memories!
If you’re quick, there’s going to be another great event staged this afternoon by Lichfield Discovered, a side project of Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore – this time, it’s a walk around the site and remains of the old RAF Lichfield base near Fradley – it’s led by the wonderful Steve Lightfoot, so is bound to be entertaining, informative and fun!
Continue reading →
Well, Spring Bank Holiday Monday is upon us, and that means that it’s Lichfield Bower Day in Ye Olde City – and I notice our friends at Lichfield Waterworks Trust and Lichfield Discovered are up to mischief…
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (26 May 2016) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore has tipped me off about a Sunday morning historical walk taking place in Lichfield tomorrow exploring the remarkable history of the city water supply.
I note that this Sunday (15th May 2016) is Classic Car Day at soon Manor Transport Museum in Shenstone Drive, Aldridge – from 10:30am until 4pm, there will be classic motors to enjoy, you can meet their owners and browse this wonderful museum.