Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 19th - There were other stars, too though. The cats are... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - It was a warm day with an insistent wind and... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - I had to be in work on a Sunday, unusually,... February 21, 2017
- February 18th - Spotted on the canal between Black Cock and... February 19, 2017
- February 18th - Brakes. Can’t keep stopping like... February 19, 2017
- February 17th - On the way home, just on the cusp of darkness... February 19, 2017
- February 17th - I came through Kings Hill Park again around... February 19, 2017
- February 16th - On a misty, hazy mild and sunny lunchtime I... February 17, 2017
- February 17th - I noticed something today I’ve passed many times... February 17, 2017
- February 15th - The day had been warm for the time of year, and... February 16, 2017
- February 15th - I see the completion of the conversion of the... February 16, 2017
- February 14th - Valentines Day, and I guess I’m in love.In love... February 15, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Update on recent Chasewater Dam works from Andy Dennis
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- A message of thanks from the Shed
- West Midlands Police issue appeal after man dies in Pelsall collision
- All that Jasmine - a remarkable treasury
- Showing some more class
- Staffordshire County Council issue statement on Chasewater Dam works currently ongoing
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Woodmen fight Coventry United for a well-earned draw
- Gorgeous locks!
- 4,037,788 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: charity
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about the organised walk of the SUmmerhill section that’s taking place this Saturday, 3rd December 2016.
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about the progress they’re making in opening up the former canal towpath as a walking route between Barracks Lane and Summerhill, aided by corporate volunteers.
This Sunday 26th September 2016, there’s a charity dog walk being held by Oscars Pet Foods of Lichfield and the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust, taking place along the Lichfield Canal Heritage Towpath Trail near Borrowcop on the A51.
Friend of the blog and top lady Keryl Williams has been in touch to ask if I’d thank all the people who came to, and supported her local family music festival Cockfest, hosted back in the summer up on the A5 at Newtown, Brownhills.
Top contributor, commentor and all round good egg the young David Evans has been busy over the last few weeks organising a treat for local history buffs in Brownhills and the wider community – he’s been asked to do a couple of talks on the history of Walsall Wood.
Kevin Osborne of the Midland Freewheelers – the voluntary organisation of bikers who perform urgent courier services for NHS services out of hours – wrote to me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I’d thank residents and visitors to Brownhills for their recent generosity.
Continue reading →
Here’s a really, really great thing happening this weekend, Friday 29th – Sunday 31st July 2016 at Newtown, Brownhills – a weekend music and fun festival with proceeds going to the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.