Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
- August 18th - An exhausted return from work very, very late.... August 19, 2016
- August 17th - Another sunset return after an early start and... August 18, 2016
- August 17th - Too many cats I hear you cry - sorry, but I adore... August 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Shire Oak just reopened with new landlord!
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Badger cull at Oak Park
- A remarkable local rail journey - stepping right out of time
- Christmas, 1957 - but who's that girl?
- Going clubbing up The Wood
- 3,442,489 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @PrimlyStable: "Everyone, look! He had to sit on the FLOOR! This is NEWS!" *a week passes* "Why are you talking about this non issue i… 1 hour ago
- RT @WS7weather: WS7 weather report for Hammerwich, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Bloxwich, Walsall, Aldridge and Pelsall areas https:/… 2 hours ago
- RT @WooTube: .@sempersursum @sleepless_FCB Four men forcing a woman to undress on a public beach is fighting subjugation? OK. 2 hours ago
- RT @edjeff: wait, i missed this shit because you morons were farting on about trains? https://t.co/2ihF1JNtEm 11 hours ago
- RT @ThePoke: How to tell if something is past its sell-by-date thepoke.co.uk/2016/08/24/how… https://t.co/wLo0XAcKJt 11 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: charity
Top contributor, commentor and all round good egg the young David Evans has been busy over the last few weeks organising a treat for local history buffs in Brownhills and the wider community – he’s been asked to do a couple of talks on the history of Walsall Wood.
Kevin Osborne of the Midland Freewheelers – the voluntary organisation of bikers who perform urgent courier services for NHS services out of hours – wrote to me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I’d thank residents and visitors to Brownhills for their recent generosity.
Continue reading →
Here’s a really, really great thing happening this weekend, Friday 29th – Sunday 31st July 2016 at Newtown, Brownhills – a weekend music and fun festival with proceeds going to the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
Here’s a really, really great thing happening on the weekend of Friday 29th – Sunday 31st July 2016 at Newtown, Brownhills – a weekend music and fun festival with proceeds going to the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
Sunday 17th July 2016 sees the last ever Rosie’s Charity Walk in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity -I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and out of tragedy, this event has raised a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from heartbreak.
Reader Nicola Khadhraoui has been in touch and asked me to give an event at King Street Club in Walsall Wood this Thursday evening (30th June 2016) a plug…
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting this Friday, 10th June 2016) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
Continue reading →