Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
- August 18th - An exhausted return from work very, very late.... August 19, 2016
- August 17th - Another sunset return after an early start and... August 18, 2016
- August 17th - Too many cats I hear you cry - sorry, but I adore... August 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Shire Oak just reopened with new landlord!
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- A remarkable local rail journey - stepping right out of time
- Going clubbing up The Wood
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Christmas, 1957 - but who's that girl?
- 3,442,295 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @WS7weather: WS7 weather report for Hammerwich, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Bloxwich, Walsall, Aldridge and Pelsall areas https:/… 27 minutes ago
- RT @WooTube: .@sempersursum @sleepless_FCB Four men forcing a woman to undress on a public beach is fighting subjugation? OK. 1 hour ago
- RT @edjeff: wait, i missed this shit because you morons were farting on about trains? https://t.co/2ihF1JNtEm 10 hours ago
- RT @ThePoke: How to tell if something is past its sell-by-date thepoke.co.uk/2016/08/24/how… https://t.co/wLo0XAcKJt 10 hours ago
- RT @KeithChallingsw: @DerekTheWeather Sunset at Penycwm tonight https://t.co/S4A0zAxQ8w 10 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Fayre
There’s a further chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday evening (Sunday 13th December 2015) – there’s the Annual Burntwood Lantern Parade and a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre from 4:00 to 6:30pm.
A couple of events up at Chasewater this weekend (5th/6th December 2015) – there are the Christmas craft workshops both days and the FREE Lantern Parade Workshops tomorrow (Sunday).
Continue reading →
In the week I was contacted by Clayhanger resident and community volunteer Becky Bryan who asked me to give the Clayhanger Community Centre fun day a plug, which of course I’m happy to do – it runs Sunday 12th July 2015 from 12 noon to 3pm, and all are welcome.
Continue reading →
Here’s a further chance to get into the Christmas spirit this evening (Sunday 14th December 2014) – there’s the Annual Burntwood Lantern Parade and a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre.
Dawn Hadley and others from Pelsall have contacted me to ask me to give a plug for the Annual Christmas Fayre in aid of the Pelsall Branch of the Royal British Legion and the Poppy Appeal.
Thanks to readers John Preece and Wendy McGreevy, I can share the following event with readers – it’s an interesting one, and looks fun – it could be just the thing to perk the kids up on a dull Sunday Afternoon – why pop along?
Here’s a chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday, 1st December 2013 – there’s a Christmas Fayre being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre – at the same time, you can check out the Santa Specials at Chasewater Steam Railway, and take a wander around the lake which is now full and teeming with wildlife once more.
Continue reading →