Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 23rd - I’m glad to say the sun and warm weather over the... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - With warmer weather, during the warm hours, the urban... May 23, 2017
- May 22nd - A long time since I featured Jockey Meadows here -... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - Spotted in Walsall late this afternoon, parked up... May 23, 2017
- May 21st - Also out in abundance was the sallow, which is... May 22, 2017
- May 21st - A much nicer day with warm sun and gentle southerly... May 22, 2017
- May 20th - I popped out for a short run on shopping errands to... May 21, 2017
- May 19th - Much of the journey was an errand in Digbeth. I... May 20, 2017
- May 19th - A gentle afternoon amble into Birmingham along the... May 20, 2017
- May 18th - Another beautiful blossom that’s rarely looked at... May 19, 2017
- May18th - Arriving at work today on a sunny, bright but nippy... May 19, 2017
- May 17th - The rowan is blossoming at the moment, and I always... May 17, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent - Millie the dog stolen from Brownhills West - can you help?
- The Metz office?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- New Hall Mill open day this Bank Holiday Monday - could you be a Friend of the Mill?
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- The Portman Collection - part ten: The appliance of science
- Non stop collision in Walsall Wood: Police appeal for help
- Claridges - a great local company, but do you remember Percy?
- The Portman Collection - part seven: A stitch in time, and a switch to indoors
- 4,281,236 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Chasewaterstuff
The 1st October 2016 was the 86th anniversary of the worst modern-day pit disaster in our area, the Grove Pit Disaster, in which fourteen miners perished following an explosion a mile and a half below Brownhills Common, beneath the Ring Sun Inn.
Back last weekend, local wildlife expert, ecologist and local historian Chaz Mason got in touch, asking for help with a picture of an old steam locomotive that he’s got hold of – he wasn’t sure about the origins of the engine, but thought it was something unusual. Continue reading →
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
Here’s an interesting thing that top local history monkey [Howmuch?] bought at a book fayre last week. It’s the program for the Fourth Annual Steam & Vintage Vehicle Rally, held by Chasewater Light Railway Society on the weekend of 21st & 22nd June 1980.
Continue reading →
The 1st October 2012 – a couple of hours away from when I post this – will mark 82 years since the Grove Pit Disaster that killed fourteen local men in the mine that stood just off Lime Lane, on … Continue reading →
I’m not much of a petrol head, really, as regular readers will have worked out. I do, however, love old cars and car shows, particularly local ones like the Chasewater Transport Show. Since it was such a bright sunny day … Continue reading →
I just spotted on the excellent Chasewaterstuff’s Railway and Canal Blog and via his twitter stream that there’s an MG car show on tomorrow, Sunday 13th May 2012 at Chasewater. There will be lots of classic and restored motors there, … Continue reading →