Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 20th - And in the green heaven of Kings Hill Park, where... October 21, 2017
- October 20th - In to work early, and on a morning of patchy rain... October 21, 2017
- October 19th - A day marked by a ludicrously early start and... October 20, 2017
- October 18th - And here’s the problem. The clocks haven’t gone... October 19, 2017
- October 18th - A week or so, I posted a video ‘Welcome to the... October 19, 2017
- October 17th - Well, if the day before had gone unexpectedly... October 18, 2017
- October 17th - My deer magnet hasn’t been great lately, so... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - With the sun more or less returned to normal and... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - An very strange weather day. We were expecting... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - Sometimes, all you want to do is tear up the... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - And then came a new day, and a restorative, happy... October 18, 2017
- October 14th - A terrible, awful down day marked by frustration,... October 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- High above the boats below...
- Lamping it
- Emily's Coffee House and Grill - a great business in Brownhills with a great festive offer!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Details of Walsall Council's park bonfire events for 2017
- Macmillan coffee morning on now in Brownhills!
- 4,752,552 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Chasewaterstuff
The 1st October 2016 was the 86th anniversary of the worst modern-day pit disaster in our area, the Grove Pit Disaster, in which fourteen miners perished following an explosion a mile and a half below Brownhills Common, beneath the Ring Sun Inn.
Back last weekend, local wildlife expert, ecologist and local historian Chaz Mason got in touch, asking for help with a picture of an old steam locomotive that he’s got hold of – he wasn’t sure about the origins of the engine, but thought it was something unusual. Continue reading →
The Ogley Square slum was indeed cleared – and as can be seen today – the area of Catshill and Ogley Hay around it became the site of huge social housing development – however, the site of the Square itself became the location of a new pub..
Here’s an interesting thing that top local history monkey [Howmuch?] bought at a book fayre last week. It’s the program for the Fourth Annual Steam & Vintage Vehicle Rally, held by Chasewater Light Railway Society on the weekend of 21st & 22nd June 1980.
Continue reading →
The 1st October 2012 – a couple of hours away from when I post this – will mark 82 years since the Grove Pit Disaster that killed fourteen local men in the mine that stood just off Lime Lane, on … Continue reading →
I’m not much of a petrol head, really, as regular readers will have worked out. I do, however, love old cars and car shows, particularly local ones like the Chasewater Transport Show. Since it was such a bright sunny day … Continue reading →
I just spotted on the excellent Chasewaterstuff’s Railway and Canal Blog and via his twitter stream that there’s an MG car show on tomorrow, Sunday 13th May 2012 at Chasewater. There will be lots of classic and restored motors there, … Continue reading →