Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Heading for Chasewater from Brownhills along... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - At Calton, high in the Weaver Hills, I was... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - A chance day off and escape into the... September 25, 2016
- September 22nd - Also coming out better than expected was... September 22, 2016
- ISeptember 22nd - It was a pleasant but slightly chilly evening... September 22, 2016
- September 21st - I’d had to nip to Birmingham late, and came... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - It was so beautiful on the way home that I... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - Spotted in a customer’s cycle shed, two bikes... September 22, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- An unusually clear view
- A Walsall Wood Gentleman and Victorian Serviceman
- The class of 62
- Stuck in a rut - dog walkers and ramblers beware!
- Brownhills School warns parents to be vigilant following reports of children being approached locally
- What's the storey?
- Sweet home, The Cape
- Your chance to catch a local legend - this Wednesday afternoon!
- Can you help reunite these sisters?
- Walsall Wood scrape to victory over Pegasus Juniors
- 3,521,307 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @TriciaLockwood: my little sister just accidentally group-texted her husband's entire family the sentence, "I thought you were going to… 55 minutes ago
- Fucking knackered. 56 minutes ago
- RT @wttgilly: Beautiful day, bright and warm, very different from driving through cloud yesterday evening 😄 #weather #clouds #Wales https:/… 59 minutes ago
- RT @ExpressandStar: Water quality being assessed around site after lorry acid spill in Coseley expressandstar.com/news/emergency… https://t.co/2RvdVO… 1 hour ago
- RT @acgrayling: '52% of people' - in the whole world? Oh - of those who voted! = 37% of those with a vote = 25% of UK population ... Yes, w… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Methodist Church
Friend of the blog Deryck Langford writes to inform me that there’s a fashion show and clothing event happening on Friday, 29th April 2016 at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Silver Street, Brownhills at 7:30pm.
Continue reading →
As Councillor Steve Wade is helpfully reporting, if you’re concerned about the issues surrounding traveller encampment and other ASB at Northfields Way in Clayhanger, there’s a consultation drop-in session tonight (Monday, 7th March 2016) open to all at Clayhanger Methodist Church, Clayhanger Lane, from 5:30-7:30pm.
Continuing the burst of Christmas events (Where the devil did Christmas come from all of a sudden?) there’s a wonderful Christmas Tree Festival at Aldridge Methodist Church running today (Saturday 5th December 2015) right up until 7pm tonight, and from 12-4pm tomorrow – and there’s a fine historical twist, too.
Friend of the blog Deryck Langford writes to inform me that there’s a fashion show and clothing event happening this Saturday evening (that’s 18th April 2015) at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Silver Street, Brownhills at 7:30pm.
David Evans has kindly sent in these wonderful images of Brownhills Methodist Church Christmas Tree Festival, where there’s also a Christmas Market on today (Saturday, 14th December 2013) from 9:00am until 1:30pm.
Continue reading →
As part of the usual Brownhills Christmas celebrations, this fantastic display is open today…
Now, this is a great article for a lazy Sunday, and one which I suspect may raise some comment within the local history community, where I know there to be still much debate about the war and exactly how Brownhills was hit by enemy air attacks.
Continue reading →