Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
- August 18th - An exhausted return from work very, very late.... August 19, 2016
- August 17th - Another sunset return after an early start and... August 18, 2016
- August 17th - Too many cats I hear you cry - sorry, but I adore... August 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Shire Oak just reopened with new landlord!
- New store opening in Brownhills today!
- Shire Oak Pub reopens tomorrow!
- A remarkable local rail journey - stepping right out of time
- Shire Oak Pub refurbishment starts next week!
- Christmas, 1957 - but who's that girl?
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives Norman Smith
- 3,440,762 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @PrimlyStable: Press conference going well then twitter.com/adambienkov/st… 21 minutes ago
- RT @dougiedo3: @BrownhillsBob Twix syndrome, left twix, right twix same factory. Sadly narrative is about tribes & territories wrapper easi… 1 hour ago
- All I want is an opposition that opposes and isn't too busy eating itself. T'ain't too much to ask, is it? 2 hours ago
- RT @sjhcomputing: Computer running slow? Strange popups appearing? You may be infected with a virus or malware. Call now 01543 889444 https… 2 hours ago
- RT @joseph_silber: Best definition of “best practice” I’ve ever seen 👍 https://t.co/mI2sCWKF4a 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Methodist Church
Friend of the blog Deryck Langford writes to inform me that there’s a fashion show and clothing event happening on Friday, 29th April 2016 at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Silver Street, Brownhills at 7:30pm.
Continue reading →
As Councillor Steve Wade is helpfully reporting, if you’re concerned about the issues surrounding traveller encampment and other ASB at Northfields Way in Clayhanger, there’s a consultation drop-in session tonight (Monday, 7th March 2016) open to all at Clayhanger Methodist Church, Clayhanger Lane, from 5:30-7:30pm.
Continuing the burst of Christmas events (Where the devil did Christmas come from all of a sudden?) there’s a wonderful Christmas Tree Festival at Aldridge Methodist Church running today (Saturday 5th December 2015) right up until 7pm tonight, and from 12-4pm tomorrow – and there’s a fine historical twist, too.
Friend of the blog Deryck Langford writes to inform me that there’s a fashion show and clothing event happening this Saturday evening (that’s 18th April 2015) at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Silver Street, Brownhills at 7:30pm.
David Evans has kindly sent in these wonderful images of Brownhills Methodist Church Christmas Tree Festival, where there’s also a Christmas Market on today (Saturday, 14th December 2013) from 9:00am until 1:30pm.
Continue reading →
As part of the usual Brownhills Christmas celebrations, this fantastic display is open today…
Now, this is a great article for a lazy Sunday, and one which I suspect may raise some comment within the local history community, where I know there to be still much debate about the war and exactly how Brownhills was hit by enemy air attacks.
Continue reading →