Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 27th - Over in Kings Hill Park in Darlaston, there is a... March 27, 2017
- March 27th - Over at Bentley Bridge, near Darlaston Green, mixed... March 27, 2017
- March 26th - Amongst the animal life spotted in Tamworth, two... March 27, 2017
- March 26th - Another long ride, this time out to Middleton Hall,... March 27, 2017
- March 25th - First decent-length ride of the year in nice... March 27, 2017
- March 24th - In Birmingham for an important work visit, I took... March 26, 2017
- March 24th - I had to visit that cowslip in daylight, so I made... March 25, 2017
- March 23rd - I headed home in a dreadful headwind, needing to... March 25, 2017
- March 23rd - A mystery that’s been puzzling me for a long time... March 25, 2017
- March 22nd - A terrible photo snatched in the dark: but spring... March 25, 2017
- March 22nd - A rainy, horrid day: I found myself at New Street... March 25, 2017
- March 21st - I noticed this lad hopping about the yard at work,... March 22, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Car wash at the old Middle Oak?
- The Portman Collection - part five: Staff and class photos on a wet day
- Adrian Wigley: From Sankeys Club to Blackpool North Pier
- Distraction theft at Morrisons car park, Aldridge - be careful, folks.
- The dirty old town I love
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Woodmen outclassed by Coleshill
- Sad news in the search for Andy Cooper
- The Acropolis cafe shuts; Middle Oak to close and B&M to open in Focus, Aldridge
- 4,135,802 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Talk Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: concert
Don’t forget that this Thursday evening (28th January 2016), there’s a fantastic concert featuring music by local performers at Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills, organised by the wonderful Deryck Langford.
Continue reading →
Friend of the blog and ukulele whizz Corrie Halford has been in touch to let me know about a rather nice concert that’s due to take place in a couple of weeks at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills, organised by the wonderful Deryck Langford.
I notice that this Saturday evening (12th December 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be hosting ‘Sing Song Merrily on Buses’ – a great Christmas music and fun event to really get you in the spirit of the season.
I notice that this Remembrance Sunday (8th November 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be hosting ‘Remembrance – A Wartime Themed Concert’ in aid of the museum.
Continue reading →
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.