Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 22nd - A long time since I featured Jockey Meadows here -... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - Spotted in Walsall late this afternoon, parked up... May 23, 2017
- May 21st - Also out in abundance was the sallow, which is... May 22, 2017
- May 21st - A much nicer day with warm sun and gentle southerly... May 22, 2017
- May 20th - I popped out for a short run on shopping errands to... May 21, 2017
- May 19th - Much of the journey was an errand in Digbeth. I... May 20, 2017
- May 19th - A gentle afternoon amble into Birmingham along the... May 20, 2017
- May 18th - Another beautiful blossom that’s rarely looked at... May 19, 2017
- May18th - Arriving at work today on a sunny, bright but nippy... May 19, 2017
- May 17th - The rowan is blossoming at the moment, and I always... May 17, 2017
- May 17th - Nice to see, even on a rainy, grey morning, that... May 17, 2017
- May 16th - I noted the cuddle puddle of goslings as I came back... May 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent - Millie the dog stolen from Brownhills West - can you help?
- The Metz office?
- The Portman Collection - part ten: The appliance of science
- Claridges - a great local company, but do you remember Percy?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- If you didn't know it, you can meet a Poet at Brownhills Library this Wednesday!
- Images from the Walsall Wood Veterans Match
- Non stop collision in Walsall Wood: Police appeal for help
- Theme for a meme...
- 4,280,113 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: concert
This is late news just in, but those readers who enjoy choral music can catch a great performance this very afternoon (Wednesday 12th April 2017) at Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills.
Don’t forget that this Thursday evening (28th January 2016), there’s a fantastic concert featuring music by local performers at Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills, organised by the wonderful Deryck Langford.
Continue reading →
Friend of the blog and ukulele whizz Corrie Halford has been in touch to let me know about a rather nice concert that’s due to take place in a couple of weeks at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills, organised by the wonderful Deryck Langford.
I notice that this Saturday evening (12th December 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be hosting ‘Sing Song Merrily on Buses’ – a great Christmas music and fun event to really get you in the spirit of the season.
I notice that this Remembrance Sunday (8th November 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be hosting ‘Remembrance – A Wartime Themed Concert’ in aid of the museum.
Continue reading →
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.