Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
- July 20th - I’m fascinated at the moment by continuing work... July 20, 2016
- July 20th - People seem to think I’m negative about buddleia,... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - Oh, hi pals. Where have you been? Not seen you for a... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - I’ve been largely ambivalent about the odd project... July 20, 2016
- July 18th - I like this a lot. On Catshill Junction Bridge, just... July 19, 2016
- July 18th - A pootle up the canal to Walsall Wood on an errand... July 19, 2016
- July 17th - In spite of some grim mechanical problems and slow... July 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Fondly remembering a local musical talent
- Mabel's Vintage Fair at Chasewater Railway this Sunday!
- Burntwood Wakes on right now!
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of a patient
- Lamping it!
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Vinyl night at The Chase Inn tonight!
- Walsall Wood Football Club need your help this weekend!
- Late 1960s at a local school...
- Distraction thefts in Walsall Wood - be careful, folks.
- 3,368,086 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @urbancyclist: "Planes, Lanes and Velomobiles" blipfoto.com/entry/22036453… See my new daily photo on #blipfoto 1 hour ago
- RT @Rustykitty65: @BrownhillsBob Not all bad people. There are still good people helping people. This happened Toronto https://t.co/WTinNRi… 3 hours ago
- RT @QueerDiscOx: This honestly has made me so happy this morning. Smashed it. https://t.co/I1gBeQVmnX 3 hours ago
- RT @StarrOutlook: The tragic bear that suffers for selfies youtu.be/_UhP4bcYcsU via @YouTube 3 hours ago
- RT @linnyitssn: Number of victims of all terror attacks in Europe these years combined is lower than number of victims of gun violence in t… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: concert
Don’t forget that this Thursday evening (28th January 2016), there’s a fantastic concert featuring music by local performers at Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills, organised by the wonderful Deryck Langford.
Continue reading →
Friend of the blog and ukulele whizz Corrie Halford has been in touch to let me know about a rather nice concert that’s due to take place in a couple of weeks at the Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills, organised by the wonderful Deryck Langford.
I notice that this Saturday evening (12th December 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be hosting ‘Sing Song Merrily on Buses’ – a great Christmas music and fun event to really get you in the spirit of the season.
I notice that this Remembrance Sunday (8th November 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be hosting ‘Remembrance – A Wartime Themed Concert’ in aid of the museum.
Continue reading →
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.