Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 23rd - I mentioned this earlier in the week, but it’s... November 24, 2017
- November 23rd - telford, early. After a stressful train journey... November 24, 2017
- dry-valleys: Sybil of months, and worshipper of winds,I love... November 24, 2017
- dry-valleys: “This clearing by the old Roman road will do,dusk... November 24, 2017
- November 22nd - Coming through New Street Station at night, rush... November 23, 2017
- November 21st - In a familiar bike shed at a client’s premises,... November 21, 2017
- November 21st - On the streets of Birmingham, the autumn leaves... November 21, 2017
- November 20th - I’ve seen herons do many odd things in my time... November 20, 2017
- November 20th - The last shreds of daylight, heading between... November 20, 2017
- November 20th - One of the joys of winter is riding in the... November 20, 2017
- November 19th - A late run out on an errand to Cannock Chase saw... November 20, 2017
- November 18th - A day of spannering bikes and a hurried test... November 20, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Lifting the veil on an old Brownhills emporium
- Dog now reunited with owner - thanks all
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Gapping the bridge
- Warning: sudden rash of vehicle theft and burglary over the weekend
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Don't grumble - just whistle! Brownhills gains a great new micropub
- A quick Jiggers Whistle - and it's open!
- Something brewing
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 4,839,484 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Remembrance
Last weekend, Saturday and Sunday 11-12th November 2017 saw the annual Remembrance weekend in the UK and I’m pleased to say Walsall Borough and South Staffordshire did themselves proud and staged a whole range of parades and events that were well supported and attended – and I was especially pleased to see the wonderful turnout and effort in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
The young David Evans yesterday (Sunday, 12th November 2017) went to his local Remembrance event in Walsall Wood and sent in a wonderful gallery of images to mark this most sombre of days.
It’s that time of year when I note Remembrance here in the UK and personally express my gratitude and concern for those who lost their lives in the service of our country – this post is one I make every year, but evolves as I think and reflect on those who paid and continue to pay a huge price for our freedom.
Following my request for information to make a list of local Remembrance events, I can again share with readers a list of local Remembrance services taking place locally this Remembrance Sunday, 12th November 2017 – this list will be updated with more info as I get it.
This is just a quick request for help – in past years, we have crowdsourced from readers a list of local Remembrance parades and events taking place throughout the area, that was popular and useful to many of the readership.
Thanks to the generosity of those good folks at the Facebook page of St. James Church in Brownhills I can feature these galleries of images from their 2016 Remembrance events held in Brownhills.
Just a quick one – The young David Evans today (Sunday, 13th November 2016) went to his local Remembrance event in Walsall Wood, which regulars will remember was subject to some controversy with policing issues in 2015 – well, this year there was an independent traffic management company employed and the parade proceeded in full.
Continue reading →