Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 26th - There’s times when you just have to give in. For... May 27, 2016
- May 26th - One flower I forgot yesterday that really deserves... May 27, 2016
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Resurfacing of A5 Watling Street - warning of road closures
- Anyone lost a cat in Shire Oak?
- Brownhills in black and white
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Please help Brownhills bloom this summer!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - May 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- What's this stuff about, then?
- New Hall Mill open next Bank Holiday Monday!
- 3,229,400 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Leveraged: ift.tt/1WYuj9R 5 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking In clover: ift.tt/1Z4z0ME 5 hours ago
- RT @WooTube: Facts and data is all us non-racists need. I realise evidence is a threat to conventional politics. twitter.com/ScouseMattSmit… 7 hours ago
- RT @ClareClarrice14: The EU ref has actually brought out everything that's bad about being English, far right brigade. Our country. Sick of… 7 hours ago
- RT @stewpottery: playing brexit bingo, i've got 1 "we want our county back' & 1 "my town doesn't look like it used to". fingers crossed for… 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Gerald Reece
I keep returning to the subject of the man I consider to be the father of modern Brownhills, the one and only William Roberts – railway plate layer, ganger, publican, entrepreneur, civic stalwart, JP and philanthropist.
I had an interesting email from reader and top local history technician Andy Dennis a couple of weeks ago that expands on a recent topic beautifully: that of William Roberts and his empire.
In a remarkable instance of coincidence, last Friday, reader and top local history ferret Andy Dennis sent me an astounding piece on a lost reservoir near Howdles Lane, in north Brownhills, between Chasewater and the Watling Street.