Because you’re free to read this blog
- stevieboy378: Total silence, apart from the birdsong. This... September 16, 2014
- September 15th - Returning to Birmingham via Snow Hill station,... September 15, 2014
- September 15th - I spent the afternoon in Droitwich. This piece... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - Back up on Cannock Chase for the first time in... September 15, 2014
- September 14th - The boating lake at Chasewater has been drained... September 15, 2014
- September 13th - I whizzed up to Walsall Wood in the morning on... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - Conkers, by the shedload. The tree in Festival... September 13, 2014
- September 12th - I needed to pop into Lichfield, so I rushed... September 13, 2014
- September 11th - Less charming than the sunflower, but... September 12, 2014
- September 11th - In Darlaston Green, a sight to bring joy to the... September 11, 2014
- September 11th - I only went and forgot the camera again. This... September 11, 2014
- September 10 - Riding home along Green Lane between Shelfield... September 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Ravens Court - Something is happening, but what?
- When the dam burst
- Scouting out the history
- Living on the skyline
- Tool burglary in Clayhanger: did you see these lads?
- Plane bizarre
- Did you know the late Thomas Williams?
- What's this stuff about, then?
- The Red, White and Blue: what do you know?
- The Wood still on the up as they beat Kirby Muxloe
- 1,673,527 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Phylan: WE CAN SEE THE BRIDE. THE CIRCLE IS UNECESSARY YOU CLICKBAIT GARBAGE HEAP http://t.co/bIOm7yHas7 16 minutes ago
- RT @mickysix6: BEECHDALE MUSICIANS MARTIN DEGVILLE wp.me/p54h9F-c 16 minutes ago
- RT @Green_Man_Vimes: Visit iseefloodlights.weebly.com for a rant. 16 minutes ago
- RT @TheGoodGodAbove: Homophobia: the fear that gay men will treat you the way you treat women. 24 minutes ago
- Scouting out the history wp.me/pvAxA-5hy via @BrownhillsBob 31 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Lemon Jelly – ‘95 aka Make Things Right
- Lemon Jelly – ‘93 aka Don’t Stop Now
- Lemon Jelly – ‘68 aka Only Time
- Lemon Jelly – ‘88 aka Come Down On Me
- Pye Corner Audio – The Black Mill Video Tape
- Pye Corner Audio – Sleep Games
- Not waving – Like Shooting A Fish In A Barrel
- Not waving – Enemies Of The People
- Not waving – Two-Way Mirror
- Not waving – Protect The Revolution
- Chasewater Strollers September 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Facebook
It seems there’s quite a spate of thefts of tools and equipment from sheds, garages and parked vehicles in our areas at the moment, and this appeal reaches me via friend of the blog Scott Parry from Brownhills.
Continue reading →
Reader and great freind of the blog Tony Jakeman has been in touch to ask if I can plug this event – West Midlands Hedgehog Rescue have an open day planned at The White Horse Pub, Cheslyn Hay this Saturday, 6th September 2014 from 12 noon until 4pm.
Kate Cardigan Gomez and Sandfields champion Dave Moore have teamed up with their informal local history group Lichfield Discovered to give a free talk in Lichfield this coming Monday evening (8th September 2014) entitled ‘Weeping Angels – Symbolism in Victorian Cemeteries’.
Here’s some good news and welcome common sense for those of us who enjoy Chasewater – after being nothing more than a filthy soup of rotting bird faeces, food and feathers for a few months now, Staffordshire County Council have got contractors in to clean out the boating lake.
Continue reading →
Terri Fallon Nicholls from Lichfield Road in Shire Oak has been in touch today regarding the fact that her shed, and that of a near neighbour were burgled in the early hours of Saturday, 30th August 2014.
This morning, blog reader Dave Woodhouse was walking up Brownhills High Street towards Walsall Wood at about 7:30am, and he thinks he lost his wallet somewhere on the way. The wallet is black with a silver closure/clasp.
Continue reading →
Old pal of the blog and top local musical whizz Jamie Norgrove contacted me from Brownhills Musical Theatre Company a few days ago to ask if I’d give their latest production – Brownhills Goes to Broadway – a plug.
Continue reading →