Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 11th - After getting one or two bits of shopping in, it... December 14, 2017
- December 11th - I’d run around in the morning sorting displaced... December 14, 2017
- December 10th - I continued from Chasewater up around Engine... December 13, 2017
- December 10th - They say things come to those who wait, and... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield has a little secret that I’d love to... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield Food Festival was huge, and very busy.... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - I was looking forward to a snowy ride out to a... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - As I approached the supermarket at Burntwood,... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - The forecast had been for heavy snow during the... December 13, 2017
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Police searching for missing Little Bloxwich lady Gladys Spencer make sad discovery
- Urgent: Please look out for OAP missing from Little Bloxwich
- Police issue statement on incident at Northgate, Aldridge this morning
- Man tries to enter lady's car in Brownhills - be on your guard folks
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Body found in search for missing lady Amanda Hawkins
- New local history book 'Old Public Houses of Brownhills (Part Two)' now available!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- And whose army?
- There's still time to meet Santa near Stonnall!
- 4,920,031 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: bike
A troubling burglary took place in The Short Street/Great Charles Street area of Brownhills this weekend, when on the evening of Saturday, 26th August 2017 thieves broke into a garage, returning several times to empty it of contents, even riding away on a Viking road bike taken from it.
A couple of bikes stolen in the last few days locally I’d like readers to keep a look out for if possible please – the first being a Carrera pictured below, stolen from outside Marios Chip Shop, Brownhills on Tuesday, 8th August 2017 and also a very distinctive Cannondale Prophet with Lefty single blade fork pictured above, stolen from Tamworth Close Brownhills on Thursday, 10th August 2017.
Yesterday, Sunday 30th July 2017 Shire Oak resident Dave Fenton has reported that the above Calibre Bossnut bike was stolen from his shed sometime over the weekend.
Last Tuesday evening, Julie Harris-Tighe has reported that the above white Carrera bike was taken from Shire Oak Park after 8pm.
Continue reading →
This morning (Thursday, January 19th 2017) at 7:10am a Trek 7300 bike like the one above but in white was taken from outside the Co-op at the former Spring Cottage in Shelfield.
One topic that steadily recurs here is the local motorcycling hero engineer that is Brian Crighton, who used to own the Honda Shop in Brownhills in the 70s and 80s – Brian is much liked and respected by the biking community, and his fame stretches far beyond Brownhills.
I’ve been asked to post an appeal for a bike stolen a few weeks ago – and of course, I’m happy to do so, and it’s further warning to cyclists and drivers to be wary of securing their bikes and vehicles when leaving them locally.
Continue reading →