Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 25th - Although still very cold for the time of year,... April 25, 2017
- April 25th - Well, that was a shock. A light dusting of snow... April 25, 2017
- April 24th - And not far away, just drifting on the canal... April 24, 2017
- April 24th - A very cold day once more with periodic rain and... April 24, 2017
- April 23rd - On the canal at Hopwas, a swan nest. The male was... April 24, 2017
- April 23rd - In the sun, it was warm, but otherwise another... April 24, 2017
- April 22nd - The late Lichfeldian touring cyclist and... April 24, 2017
- April 22nd - I headed out for an afternoon ride, still... April 24, 2017
- April 21st - I was still doing short test runs come sundown,... April 24, 2017
- April 21st - Spent some downtime doing mechanical things on the... April 24, 2017
- April 20th - Further on, Clayhanger Common is greening over a... April 21, 2017
- April 20th - A better day, recovered now. Returning home on the... April 21, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Mobile phone lost in Brownhills - can you help please?
- Going A5 Live!
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of John Elkes
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- Fifty years and still going strong - celebrate with Silver Street Church!
- Thank you Bill Shaw
- The Portman Collection - part six: Staff and older pupils, plus a surprise football team!
- Open Mike
- Heanor prove to be keener than Wood
- Urgent: Police appeal for witnesses to Rushall collision
- 4,214,711 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: party
With the local Remembrance appeals in mind, I thought I’d advertise this event on Sunday (23rd April 2017): a great St George’s day party at Walsall Wood Football Club hosted by the Bard of Brownhills himself, Ian Neville.
Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – and there’s a great party on tonight. This Christmas Eve (24th December 2016) there’s the one … Continue reading →
Yesterday (Saturday 4th June 2016) I cycled up the A515 to the annual Steam Party event at Klondyke Mill in Draycott in the Clay, home of the North Staffordshire and Cheshire Traction Engine Club – It’s an event I often go to; quintessentially British, it’s a feast for mechanical geeks, people watchers and vintage buffs of all stripes – and it’s running today, too.
Dawn Hayton from the Brownhills Memorial Hall Revival group has been in touch to tell me that there’s a party event taking place at The Memo to celebrate The Queen’s 90th birthday, taking place on Friday, 10th June 2016 at 8:00pm.
Kim Savage from the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills has been in touch to let me know that there’s a whole bunch of Halloween stuff going on at the pub tonight, including a kid’s party from 6-8pm, and an adults party from 8pm-late.
If you’re at a loose end on Sunday evening (1st November 2015), or are looking for a good firework party to take the kids to, there’s a great event at the Walsall Wood Football Club Ground, Oak Park, Walsall Wood kicking off at 5:30pm.
One thing I’d like to do more of here is promote or profile local businesses – I think local traders, be they retail, craftspeople or professional services are hugely important to the local economy, and I think it would be nice to promote them more where possible.
Continue reading →