Top Posts & Pages
- Appealing for family and friends of Mr. Sam Bennett please
- On Parade once more!
- Here's something for the kids to do late this afternoon in Clayhanger...
- Just time to find out about the Friends of Chasewater right now!
- A great sing along showing of Mama Mia Here We Go Again this very evening in Brownhills!
- #365daysifbiking Gaining fast:January 16th - Although, on the...
- #365daysifbiking Downhill carefully:January 16th - I was tired,...
- #365daysifbiking Glow now:January 15th - Long exposure photos...
- #365daysifbiking Bridge to my heart:January 14th - And on my...
- #365daysifbiking On the Spot:January 14th - Painfully early...
- 5,783,375 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
287913 TracksGolden Key
now playing...Golden Key
1 minOnly Angels Have Wings
5 minsThe Winter Tree
9 minsJekyll and Hyde
13 minsThe Flood at Lyons
22 minsThe Discovery
26 minsKalynda (A Magical Isle)
30 minsSecret Mission
34 minsForever Changing
Paul Anslow on A gentleman in his Sunday best Pedro on On Parade once more! andkindred on On Parade once more! andkindred on On Parade once more! Graf Harrington on On Parade once more!
Tag Archives: boys
Here’s a great addition to the canon of postwar class photos from Brownhills Central Boys School, posted by reader Malcolm Jemison last week – he thinks it’s from around 1962, and it sits well next to the photos from the same school a decade earlier sent in by Margaret Hampton – I’ve included them below for comparison.
Earlier in the year, I published the memories of Elizabeth Hampton who grew up in Pier Street Brownhills, and I still have the second half of that memoir to come – however, this week she sent me some lovely school class photos from the very early 1950s at Brownhills Central Boys’ School (The Annex, now the Activity Centre).