Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 12th - Passing back through Walsall Wood at sunset, I... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - In Darlaston Green on a sunny day, outside the... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - The united colours of… a Black Country... October 13, 2017
- October 11th - Again returning as darkness fell, I caught sight... October 12, 2017
- October 11th - Spotted on the way to work, again on the rich,... October 12, 2017
- October 10th - I returned to Shenstone on a horribly... October 11, 2017
- October 10th - I passed through Birmingham in a hurry on... October 11, 2017
- October 9th - Darkness is now frequently impinging on my... October 11, 2017
- August 9th - Spotted on the way to work, quick mobile phone... October 11, 2017
- October 8th - Up in the cinematic, wide open landscape of... October 11, 2017
- October 8th - A better day when the sun periodically graced us... October 11, 2017
- October 7th - Time for a seasonal warning, I guess. Along the... October 11, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- A plaque on your houses - the search continues.
- The end of a nightmare, or just another false dawn?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Culvert investigations
- It definitely wasn't a Goodyear - help solve a mystery!
- Woodmen surprised at Nuneaton
- Details of Walsall Council's park bonfire events for 2017
- Special branch
- Police issue statement following armed response in Stewart Road, Walsall Wood
- 4,745,438 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Cannock
It’s good to see local theatre doing so well these days, with not one but great local companies staging shows in the coming weeks – last week I pointed out Brownhills Musical Theatre Company’s latest 9-5 was coming up, and today it’s the turn of Aldridge Musical Comedy Society who have a rather special anniversary this year and are putting on a show to celebrate it.
Old pals of the blog and top performers Brownhills Musical Theatre Company contacted me in the last few days to ask if I’d plug their latest show – the Dolly Parton hit 9 to 5 – which looks set to be a real gem.
Old pal of the blog and top local musical whizz Jamie Norgrove contacted me from Brownhills Musical Theatre Company last to ask if I’d plug their latest show – The Addams Family – which looks to be a real gem.
Continue reading →
Readers who’ve been hanging around this ramshackle, leaky village pump for a while will no doubt remember how we’ve touched here on the history of local marching bands, particularly the Burntwood Blue Birds Jazz Band.
Last week here I featured a film clip made be photo restorer and friend of the blog Lisa Ashby, celebrating Brownhills and the Black Country – Well, Lisa’s been at it again, and made a lovely clip about The Burntwood Bluebirds, the award-winning marching band from Burntwood.
Old pal of the blog and top local musical whizz Jamie Norgrove contacted me from Brownhills Musical Theatre Company some weeks ago to ask if I’d plug their latest show – and I must confess, it totally slipped my mind.
Last week I featured here an interesting postcard I’d spotted for sale on eBay, featuring a cafe on the Watling Street I’d not heard of before – The Jubilee, which turned out to be what is now an Indian restaurant, but was previously the Happy Eater, and the adjacent garage of Paul Depper MGs.