Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 28th - in the swamp at the end of Victoria Park in... March 1, 2017
- February 28th - After some grim weather over the last few days,... March 1, 2017
- February 27th - When I was a youth, exploring the local lanes... February 27, 2017
- February 27th - Another wolfish day, but with a softer wind. A... February 27, 2017
- February 26th - The water level at Chasewater is lower than I’ve... February 27, 2017
- February 26th - Another blustery, wet day and although I had... February 27, 2017
- February 25th - I love daffodils - harbingers of spring, I... February 26, 2017
- February 25th - An unusual Saturday morning that saw me at work... February 26, 2017
- February 24th - The end of a very long, hard week. This week,... February 25, 2017
- dry-valleys: A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Back to brakes. This has really caught my... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Doris wasn’t messing about…Storm Doris... February 24, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- Going Back
- Get tunnel vision and help with a great local history preservation project!
- Fancy a run tonight?
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- In case you didn't know it, Brownhills has a great poet - and he has a book out now!
- The Portman Collection - part four: Netball, and some outdoor studies
- The school of 62
- What's this stuff about, then?
- The school of 64
- 4,060,055 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Facebook
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – and there’s a great act on this weekend.
Continue reading →
Diane Mansell, of Aldridge Village Partnership has asked that readers could please be on the lookout for this somewhat distinctive Subaru car (registration K23DHN) which was stolen from Aldridge last night (21st January 2017).
This morning (Thursday, January 19th 2017) at 7:10am a Trek 7300 bike like the one above but in white was taken from outside the Co-op at the former Spring Cottage in Shelfield.
You may recall the unfortunate house fire in Wyre Close, Walsall Wood last December, and the subsequent appeal to folks who could maybe donate unwanted household items when the couple found a house again.
Continue reading →
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this evening (Monday 9th January 2017) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Yesterday, roving Walsall Wood current affairs correspondent Stephen Hill sent me the above collection of images and the following observations about what is currently happening at Oak Park.
There’s currently a serious fire occurring at the the derelict former Oak Park Recreation Centre in Walsall Wood.