Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 23rd - I had to nip to the Holford industrial estate in... June 24, 2017
- June 23rd - Always nice to see the bindweed in flower. Another... June 24, 2017
- June 22nd - Two poor pictures, but ones I just had to share, as... June 23, 2017
- June 22nd - More cats, sorry, but I just loved these pair, again... June 23, 2017
- June 21st - Another high summer day, the longest as it happens,... June 22, 2017
- June 20th - This old chap is someone I’m very pleased to see,... June 21, 2017
- June 20th - A day of errands in the Black Country and plenty of... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - Returning from work I noted the Catshill Canada... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - I met this skinny, lithe young cat in north Walsall,... June 21, 2017
- June 18th - Another fine, high summer day and this time I headed... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - From Amerton, I went for a long afternoon and... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - A ride out to Amerton Farm, the craft centre just... June 21, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- High above the boats below...
- Meet your local coppers this Saturday in Pelsall
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade: An important appeal
- Tragedy at local lake as boy drowns
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Clayhanger Summer Litter Pick this Sunday afternoon!
- Incidents last night in Brownhills...
- Wood work
- 4,366,636 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Facebook
It looks like we’ve got a missing mustelid – Linzi Woodhouse has been in touch to ask if anyone has seen her pet ferret which has gone missing from home in the Ogley Road area of Brownhills.
Well, Spring Bank Holiday Monday is upon us, and that means that it’s Lichfield Bower Day in Ye Olde City – and I notice our friends at Lichfield Waterworks Trust and Lichfield Discovered are up to mischief…
The good folk of the local CAMRA cider and Perry pub of the year, the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills have been in touch to let me know that there’s live music at the popular Brownhills pub tonight (Saturday 27th May 2017), with live music on stage from rock covers band Dark Page live from 9pm until late.
I note from local social media that a pug cross dog, Millie was stolen this evening, Monday 22nd May 2017 from Hednesford Road, Brownhills – I would ask that anyone seeing the dog, or who knows who may have her, contact the local police, K9 Search or her distraught owners.
Continue reading →
I’ve received a few emails, tweets and Facebook posts pointing out that travellers encamped at Holland Park, Brownhills last Friday, 19th May 2017. Walsall Council have posted legal notices as required by due process. This is one of the areas where … Continue reading →
Dawn Hayton from The Memo in Lichfield Road, Brownhills (That’s the Memorial Hall for the uninitiated) has been in touch to tell me that there’s a great pop gig on there this Saturday, 20th May 2017 featuring local five-piece covers band The Fazys.
Continue reading →
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore revealed a surprise today – he’s been on BBC Midlands Today with presenter Bob Hockenhull talking about the remarkable project behind which David has been the prime mover – that of preserving and putting to community use the iconic Victorian building in south Lichfield.