Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 26th - The gorgeous and remarkable sunsets also... October 27, 2016
- October 26th - I had to nip to Telford in the afternoon, and... October 27, 2016
- October 25th - Passing New Barns Farm at Footherley, I stopped... October 25, 2016
- October 25th - I’d been to Droitwich to see a customer and get... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Something out of the ordinary picked up by the... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Passing Jockey Meadows on the way home, the clean... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - All of a sudden, Autumn has exploded into vibrant... October 25, 2016
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- A Ferrie on the cut - but who with, and where?
- Fire incident at the former Terrace Restaurant, Brownhills
- Looking down on a lost line
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Ferrie cross the Ogley
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- Acoustic Night at The Chase Inn tonight kicking off a packed weekend of live music and fun!
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- The Terrace Restaurant closes down
- 3,596,048 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Huffy_Bird: Mushroom heaven this season. Amethyst Deceiver, very pretty mushrooms and edible too! #Autumnwatch https://t.co/CcL8Fd86yg 5 minutes ago
- RT @FakeShowbizNews: FUN FACT: Groove Armada's famous "I see you baby...shaking that ass" sample comes from a 1971 speech given to students… 6 minutes ago
- RT @melgillman: That tweet about how "women have novels" could use a short history lesson. https://t.co/q6PQidnQQR 7 minutes ago
- RT @ModernToss: #TheApprentice tonight. Needs more cheese. https://t.co/dlR4Qr8WdU 8 minutes ago
- RT @MacRumors: Apple Updates Final Cut Pro X With Revamped Interface, Magnetic Timeline and Touch Bar Support macrumors.com/2016/10/27/app… by @j… 9 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Facebook
Yesterday, I placed an appeal for anyone who might have seen a black wheelchair, or those who stole it from a driveway in Holly Lane, Walsall Wood – sadly, it was later found on Oak Park near the skatepark, vandalised beyond repair.
Really urgent one just in please – if you can at all help, please do; this is a nasty and needless theft which impacts seriously on the quality of life of a disabled gentleman, and I ask you, who on earth would stoop so low as to steal a bloody wheelchair?
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music too – and tonight, Thursday 13th October 2016, the pub has it’s regular Acoustic Night.
The live music and good times at Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues – and this week there’s excellent live music this evening, Saturday 8th October 2016 from brilliant classic rock covers band The Hogz, making their long awaited return to the pub, starting 8pm.
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music too – and tonight, Thursday 29th September 2016, the pub has it’s first Acoustic Night.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (29th September 2016) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
You’ll all know that this blog is all about community and the things that bring us all together – be it a bit of current affairs, history, discussion or appeals for help: well, Clayhanger Community Centre provides an excellent service to the community, and is reaching out to local residents with their Annual General Meeting tonight, 27th September 2016..
Continue reading →