Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Heading for Chasewater from Brownhills along... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - At Calton, high in the Weaver Hills, I was... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - A chance day off and escape into the... September 25, 2016
- September 22nd - Also coming out better than expected was... September 22, 2016
- ISeptember 22nd - It was a pleasant but slightly chilly evening... September 22, 2016
- September 21st - I’d had to nip to Birmingham late, and came... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - It was so beautiful on the way home that I... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - Spotted in a customer’s cycle shed, two bikes... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Freewheeling down Shire Oak Hill into... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Yet another abundance this year of bright... September 22, 2016
- September 18th - I have no idea about this, as I’m no... September 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills School warns parents to be vigilant following reports of children being approached locally
- What's the storey?
- The class of 62
- Stuck in a rut - dog walkers and ramblers beware!
- Wise Council
- Fancy taking the Lichfield Towpath Trail For Charity this weekend?
- You can help shape the future of community facilities in Clayhanger!
- Can you help reunite these sisters?
- Things that went bump in the night
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- 3,516,130 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @nessie_w: Nothing unusual up at Cuckoo Bank today except some self important t*** walking his dogs through the middle of the farmers cr… 36 minutes ago
- RT @LHCRT1: The @SSART1 are setting up and the sun is shining. https://t.co/Zlph9S07kE 1 hour ago
- RT @LaughingNoam: Dartford bridge https://t.co/cZ3sGjSCUM 1 hour ago
- RT @LHCRT1: We're setting up for the charity dog walk. https://t.co/vxtXR3K3ny 1 hour ago
- RT @FiveSpiresLive: Lichfield’s Night Watch crack down on “West Midlands filth” breaching the Wall via the Cross C… medici2471.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/lic…… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Facebook
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – and there’s a great disco on tonight.
Readers who’ve been hanging around this ramshackle, leaky village pump for a while will no doubt remember how we’ve touched here on the history of local marching bands, particularly the Burntwood Blue Birds Jazz Band.
An appeal reaches me via Facebook from Pool House Veterinary Hospital – rather delightful Yorkshire Terrier was found in Shire Oak Park, Brownhills/Walsall Wood and it would be nice if we could reunite her with his owners.
The live music and good times at Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues – and this week there’s a packed schedule with live music this evening, Saturday 3rd September 2016 from brilliant rock band ‘Livewire’, starting 9pm.
Friend of the blog and top lady Keryl Williams has been in touch to ask if I’d thank all the people who came to, and supported her local family music festival Cockfest, hosted back in the summer up on the A5 at Newtown, Brownhills.
I’m sad to report that the last High Street Bank bank in Brownhills, HSBC will close for good on Friday, 25th November 2016 – this comes amidst the slump in the use of High Street branches caused by online and telephone banking, and the general woes of the bank in general – HSBC has closed over 100 branches already this year.
Many people have contacted me about the Police helicopter being up over Brownhills and Clayhanger yesterday night (Wednesday, 31st August 2015) – it seems that local police were conducting a search from a pair of missing children in Clayhanger.