Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 2nd - After what seems like weeks of grey, cold weather it... May 3, 2016
- May 2nd - What a difference an hour made.It had been a miserable... May 3, 2016
- May 1st - Born to be wild, still running free, the Newtown... May 2, 2016
- May 1st - A blustery and occasionally wet ride over to Walton on... May 2, 2016
- April 20th - As the weather had cleared, I stopped to snap a... May 2, 2016
- April 30th - So, there I’d done gone and promised to bring ny... May 2, 2016
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Standing up for a quiet man
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Chase Sailing Club open day today
- Up around the bend
- Brownhills in black and white
- Can you help record the history of Harpers Buses?
- Aldridge Manor Youth Club restarts in a new home this coming Tuesday!
- Open Mike
- Fun events at Chasewater this weekend!
- 3,173,699 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking As the weather cleared: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/143737635… 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Please stick around: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/143764460… 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Hall’s well: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/143763860… 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Born to be wild: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/143738061… 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking I got the season: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/143737904… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 23, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Facebook
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is organising a great Sunday afternoon historical walk along the line of the old town boundary ditch, with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered.
If you’re wondering what all the sirens were in Brownhills early this evening (Thursday, 21st April 2016), there was a fairly large fire broke out at National Tyres, just at Co-op Corner, on the junction of Lichfield Road and Ogley Road.
Kim Savage from the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills has been in touch to let me know that there’s live music on again this weekend at the popular Brownhills pub.
Earlier this week I posted a request for memories of Mr. Anthony ‘Tony’ Hackett, who was unwell; his Granddaughter Tara was keen to gather reminiscences of Tony, particularly in his occupation as local school caretaker, to help him remember good times.
I’ve had a note from friend of the blog Tracey Murphy who’s ask me to pop a note here about a sponsored haircut for the Teenage Cancer Trust that’s taking place at the Fresh2 salon in Brownhills this Friday (15th April 2015) at 5:30pm.
I have a very unusual enquiry here from friend of the blog Tara Hackett relating to her Grandfather, Tony Hackett – he was a popular local school caretaker for years, and is a bit under the weather at the moment, and Tara thinks it would be great if anyone has any memories relating to Tony they can share.
If you’ve been considering going to see the wonderful Brownhills Musical Theatre Company but haven’t decided yet, tickets for their May show at Lichfield Garrick – Evita – are about 90% sold out, so this is your last chance to bag a seat to see one of the best musical theatre companies around.