Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 22nd - At Birchills on the Walsall Canal, an odd one.... July 22, 2017
- July 21st - I was stuck behind a very slow-moving car in The... July 22, 2017
- July 20th - Sad to see something seems to have happened to the... July 21, 2017
- June 19th - Spotted in appallingly bad light way off near the... July 20, 2017
- June 19th - Last week I noted in passing that we were between... July 20, 2017
- July 18th - On the canal near the Black Cock Bridge, there’s... July 19, 2017
- July 18th - Today, the older cats of Scarborough Road and north... July 19, 2017
- July 17th - Later the same day, in Darlaston. A summer... July 18, 2017
- July 17th - Time for my annual botanically subversive mission:... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - The dying light intensified it’s drama as I headed... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - Slowly bumbling over to Chasewater to catch the... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - I seem to have it with a cold. I’ve been feeling a... July 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Mabel's Vintage Fair at Chasewater Railway this Sunday!
- Good news: Vulnerable teenager Aaron Taylor found safe and well
- News, reports and even video from Walsall Wood FC - and a fitting tribute to a great man!
- Brownhills Carnival remembered: Tower Hill return please, and a single for the wife
- Woodmen nick Pics glory
- Consigned to myth no more!
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Aston Manor Transport Museum in Aldridge - Vintage Verses starts soon!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- 4,486,303 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: match review
Yesterday, Walsall Wood FC were visited by Heanor Town, and the home crowd needed a win – sadly it wasn’t to be, and the Derbyshire team left the Wood faithful reeling.
Walsall Wood FC were away to Coventry Sphinx yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 15th April 2017), and despite holding their own for the first half, things rapidly deteriorated in the second.
Walsall Wood FC disappointed the fans yesterday (Saturday 25th March 2017) when they lost to Coleshill Town in a high scoring match.
It’s now late February and the mixed fortunes at Oak Park continue – the first team still have yet to bag a win in 2017, and came back from Quorn with a score draw to show; but the reserve team continue their stonking run of good form, beating Romulus 6-1.
Walsall Wood FC were at home to Coventry United yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 18th February 2017), and much to the relief of the hard-pressed faithful, they Woodmen pulled off a hard-fought draw.
Yesterday afternoon (Saturday 28th January 2017) Walsall Wood F.C. played Leicester newcomers St. Andrews FC away, and sadly failed to break the January jinx that seems to have descended.
Continue reading →
It’s now three defeats in a row, all by two goal margins, but this could have been a different story, keeper Luke Kriskinans was man of the match with a string of fine saves to deny Drew Aiton, Joey Butlin and Liam Molesworth in particular.