Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Out just as the sun went down on an errand in... February 19, 2018
- February 16th - At last, a long ride and a day that felt like... February 19, 2018
- February 15th - I missed the sunset, but escaped from work on a... February 19, 2018
- February 15th - A brighter day, but windy. As long as the sun is... February 19, 2018
- February 14th - What an awful day.I battled into Walsall against... February 15, 2018
- February 13th - I wore out a set of front brake pads, and still... February 14, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- 5,084,354 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: Victory
Walsall Wood have enjoyed a reversal of fortunes this season – apart from a hiccup earlier in the season, they have been resurgent, and consolidated their good form by beating Paget Rangers yesterday (Saturday 6th January 2018) on the Astroturf at Church Road, taking them to the top of the league.
Continue reading →
The Woodemen were again on stonking form on Saturday last (30th December 2017) as they travelled down the road to Lichfield City to show the Lichfeldians a clean set of heels for the second time in recent weeks – it’s not often we get to best Ye Olde City.
Boxing Day (Tuesday 26th December 2017) Walsall Wood again continued their renewed upward trajectory with a competent and hearty 6-0 victory at Oak Park over visitors Stafford Town.
It was back to winning for Walsall Wood FC on Wednesday last (20th December 2017) as they travelled up the A461 to Lichfield and decisively beat Lichfield City FC in their W Hunt Cup fixture.
It seems Walsall Wood FC’s run of good fortune has come to a hopefully temporary halt – On Saturday 2nd December 2017 they faced Stourport away, and lost; but also suffered a defeat on the following Tuesday at Oak Park to Wolves Sporting.
A shock for the mighty Woodmen yesterday, then (Saturday 25th November 2017) as Walsall Wood FC were defeated away at Atherstone Town in a great match much enjoyed by Bill Shaw.
Yesterday (Saturday 11th November 2017) Walsall Wood F.C. entertained Fenlanders Holbeach United, and after some great football, Wood emerged once again the decisive victors with an impressive 5-0 scoreline – and a report from last weeks Pelsall Villa – Montpelier match.