Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 17th - It was a nice day on the canal, and as I came... January 18, 2018
- January 17th - Still off, but thankfully brighter if still... January 18, 2018
- January 16th - A shot I was keen to try with the TZ 100 has been... January 17, 2018
- January 16th A second day off sick. My congestion was better,... January 17, 2018
- January 15th - One thing did impress, though: The new housing... January 17, 2018
- January 15th - I went to work. Really battled in. They sent me... January 17, 2018
- January 14th - I experimented in an area where Panasonic have... January 17, 2018
- January 14th - Still awful, but hoping to be better for work... January 17, 2018
- January 13th - The cold had really got me. I was damned ill with... January 17, 2018
- January 12th - I came from Derby to Leicester, made a call in... January 17, 2018
- January 12th - I found myself un Burton Upon Trent for a meeting... January 17, 2018
- January 11th - So that’s how they managed to reclaim the old... January 12, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- When pressed...
- And did those feet in ancient times gig upon Pelsall's commons green?
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- 2018 Brownhills Blog quiz results
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- The Brownhills Blog 2018 photo competition results!
- The school of 64
- Warning: sudden rash of vehicle theft and burglary over the weekend
- Tunnelling through the folklore
- Perfect Timings
- 5,002,392 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Derbyshire
You’ll all know that of late, I’ve not been too well and that work has taken up a huge amount of my time – well, my health is now thankfully improving, work is easing off and the sun came out (although the wind was still a bit keen), so yesterday I had a great 58 mile ride via old haunts into South Derbyshire.
As many of you will be aware, last Saturday was my first long dayride of the year – a bit of a tradition in spring, and something I intend to do more of this year.
Over recent years, my long distance cycling habit has been a little bit curtailed. I’ve been working many Saturdays, when I generally went on long dayrides, or had other commitments – this year, I intend to rectify that, and yesterday started as I mean to contiunue – with a 122 mile rile up into the Peak District.
It’s been another heat bank holiday weekend, and I got to cycling over the Chase and through East Staffordshire – too many pictures for 365days, so I thought I’d do a gallery.[caption id="attachment_15473" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Elderberries, Walton upon Trent[/caption] Continue reading
Today, I got into the Derbyshire Dales and crossed into North Staffordshire – a straightforward trip along the High Peak Trail and down the full length of the Tissington Trail was just what was needed, and once at Ashbourne, I doubled back and headed back to Ilam via Mapleton and Blore.
[caption id="attachment_15388" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Minninglow Great Barrow[/caption] Continue reading