Subscribe to Blog via EmailJoin 878 other subscribers
Search the blog:
Top Posts & Pages
- Accident on the A5, Watling Street in Brownhills yesterday
- Young boy taken to hospital following suspected hit and run incident in Brownhills High Street.
- Accident up on the A5 last night?
- Fatality at Chasewater - official statement from Staffordshire Police
- What happened on the A5 Watling Street in October, 1963?
- 7,389,781 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
312057 TracksUnder the Waves / Tokyo
8 hoursHunting Dog
8 hoursBrass Locket
8 hoursThe Ocean Wave
9 hoursRiverside Heights
9 hoursHead Swim
9 hoursCollar of Fur
Steve Jolly on Looking sharp! Geoff Dowen on Looking sharp! James Martin on Casting aspersions – the… Matthew Calvert on In memoriam, Mr. Ian Pell Christine Hudson on A dreadful dawn
Tag Archives: cityscape
This is an odd one I can’t fit in anywhere else, so people who aren’t in to my architecture obsession may want to tune out now – but I will alert readers to something: almost unnoticed, to people over the age of around 35, the Birmingham we knew is gradually being erased – if you want to see it one last time, go soon.
Hi folks – here’s something I found last night that I’d forgotten about, that ties in with my fascination for Birmingham and architecture – and also, my obsession with well-crafted language.
Just lately, I’ve found myself in lots of intense discussions – several on social media – about architecture, old buildings, history and the way we view the past; these discussions often sadden me and I need to get something off my chest.