Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 20th - I was home earlier, but didn’t escape the dark.... January 21, 2017
- January 20th - Then, as if by magic, the light appeared to save... January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Another late return, another dearth of decent... January 21, 2017
- Photo January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Spotted near thee canal in Darlaston on yet... January 19, 2017
- January 18th - A long, grey and damp day ended very, very late.... January 19, 2017
- January 17th - Coming back into Brownhills on a very wet, stodgy... January 18, 2017
- January 17th - I had an appointment at the hospital, and rode... January 18, 2017
- January 16th - As I neared the crest of Shire Oak hill, it was... January 17, 2017
- January 16th - A terrible, awful, wet commuting day. I got wet... January 17, 2017
- January 15th - Intrigued to note that the former Terrace... January 16, 2017
- January 15th - One of those horrible, headache-grey wet winter... January 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Arrests made following Brownhills burglary
- Adrian Wigley: Funeral details announced
- Remember the man with the clipboard?
- A mystery for the narrowboat folk
- Subaru car stolen from Aldridge - keep an eye out folks
- Adrian Wigley: From Sankeys Club to Blackpool North Pier
- Sweet thing
- Oak Park misery continues as Mikes master Wood
- Rest in peace Adrian Wigley
- Clayhanger New Year litter pick this morning!
- 3,920,795 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Pelsall Road
Thanks to reader Dean Rogers who contacted me yesterday, I can share with readers the above image of a genuine Brownhills postcard, depicting the junction of The Parade and Chester Road – I’d guess in the early 1960s.
Thanks to local historian and author Clive Roberts who tipped me off, I can share with readers the above, somewhat remarkable image of the Brownhills end of Pelsall Road from a George Lewis postcard, dated around 1915.
This morning, I was had an exchange of messages with local Riding Stables owner and operator Stevie Ansell, during which she noted that business was a little down at the moment due to the ongoing roadworks on the Pelsall Road, Brownhills, just outside her premises.
As noted here yesterday, on the evening of Monday 6th July 2015, between about 11:30pm and 12 midnight, a quantity of equipment was stolen from the riding stables of Stevie Ansell, in Pelsall Road, Brownhills – as promised, Stevie has sent some images from the CCTV system at the stables.
Here we go again – Stevie Ansell’s riding stables and livery yard on the Pelsall Road at Highbridges on the Brownhills/Pelsall border has been targeted again – and whilst the raiders this time stole large quantity of equipment, it seems Stevie also got good CCTV of the scum who burgled her.
Hey folks – this is really, really important, and I’d like readers and social media folk to spread this post far and wide – you will all know that Stevie Ansell and her riding school in Brownhills have been good pals of the blog, with whom we’ve had an honest and good relationship over the years – well now, they need our help.