Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 27th - The birdlife on the canals of Birmingham and the... May 30, 2016
- May 27th - I had stuff to do near Allcester, and finished early,... May 30, 2016
- March 26th - There’s times when you just have to give in. For... May 27, 2016
- May 26th - One flower I forgot yesterday that really deserves... May 27, 2016
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- What's wrong with this picture?
- White dog found in Brownhills - let's get her home!
- New Hall Mill open tomorrow, Spring Bank Holiday Monday
- Chasewater Stadium - what do you recall?
- Bathing beauties
- That rings a bell
- Don't forget Lichfield Bower today!
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Fun events at Chasewater this weekend!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 3,239,006 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @SFriedScientist: Maybe instead of damning parents, we should ask why an enclosure designed to contain a silverback gorilla could be foi… 5 minutes ago
- RT @carltonreid: Are there any neo-Nazis campaigning for Bremain? No, just Brexit attracts the Far-right, then? Telling. https://t.co/luE9o… 18 minutes ago
- RT @BLouise94: "Got them from asos" https://t.co/vksTle8yDA 18 minutes ago
- RT @nessie_w: The colour of the underside of a Dor beetle is astounding https://t.co/pL9gLO0BIk 25 minutes ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "Monday" blipfoto.com/entry/21840736… See my new daily photo on #blipfoto 32 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 20, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Pelsall Road
Thanks to reader Dean Rogers who contacted me yesterday, I can share with readers the above image of a genuine Brownhills postcard, depicting the junction of The Parade and Chester Road – I’d guess in the early 1960s.
Thanks to local historian and author Clive Roberts who tipped me off, I can share with readers the above, somewhat remarkable image of the Brownhills end of Pelsall Road from a George Lewis postcard, dated around 1915.
This morning, I was had an exchange of messages with local Riding Stables owner and operator Stevie Ansell, during which she noted that business was a little down at the moment due to the ongoing roadworks on the Pelsall Road, Brownhills, just outside her premises.
As noted here yesterday, on the evening of Monday 6th July 2015, between about 11:30pm and 12 midnight, a quantity of equipment was stolen from the riding stables of Stevie Ansell, in Pelsall Road, Brownhills – as promised, Stevie has sent some images from the CCTV system at the stables.
Here we go again – Stevie Ansell’s riding stables and livery yard on the Pelsall Road at Highbridges on the Brownhills/Pelsall border has been targeted again – and whilst the raiders this time stole large quantity of equipment, it seems Stevie also got good CCTV of the scum who burgled her.
Hey folks – this is really, really important, and I’d like readers and social media folk to spread this post far and wide – you will all know that Stevie Ansell and her riding school in Brownhills have been good pals of the blog, with whom we’ve had an honest and good relationship over the years – well now, they need our help.