Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 21st - Unfortunately, I forget my camera so just one... February 22, 2017
- February 20th - I passed through Wednesbury late, a town I often... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - There were other stars, too though. The cats are... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - It was a warm day with an insistent wind and... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - I had to be in work on a Sunday, unusually,... February 21, 2017
- February 18th - Spotted on the canal between Black Cock and... February 19, 2017
- February 18th - Brakes. Can’t keep stopping like... February 19, 2017
- February 17th - On the way home, just on the cusp of darkness... February 19, 2017
- February 17th - I came through Kings Hill Park again around... February 19, 2017
- February 16th - On a misty, hazy mild and sunny lunchtime I... February 17, 2017
- February 17th - I noticed something today I’ve passed many times... February 17, 2017
- February 15th - The day had been warm for the time of year, and... February 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Appeal - do you know Barbara Roberts, formerly of Valley View?
- Local storm updates - post will be updated regularly
- Andrew Cooper: a former Walsall man missing form Stourport - the search continues
- Bogus gardeners operating once more in Brownhills - be vigilant
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- Police now 'Gravely concerned' for welfare of Amanda Hawkins
- Brownhills in black and white
- The school of 64
- Update on recent Chasewater Dam works from Andy Dennis
- 4,043,696 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Pelsall Road
Thanks to reader Dean Rogers who contacted me yesterday, I can share with readers the above image of a genuine Brownhills postcard, depicting the junction of The Parade and Chester Road – I’d guess in the early 1960s.
Thanks to local historian and author Clive Roberts who tipped me off, I can share with readers the above, somewhat remarkable image of the Brownhills end of Pelsall Road from a George Lewis postcard, dated around 1915.
This morning, I was had an exchange of messages with local Riding Stables owner and operator Stevie Ansell, during which she noted that business was a little down at the moment due to the ongoing roadworks on the Pelsall Road, Brownhills, just outside her premises.
As noted here yesterday, on the evening of Monday 6th July 2015, between about 11:30pm and 12 midnight, a quantity of equipment was stolen from the riding stables of Stevie Ansell, in Pelsall Road, Brownhills – as promised, Stevie has sent some images from the CCTV system at the stables.
Here we go again – Stevie Ansell’s riding stables and livery yard on the Pelsall Road at Highbridges on the Brownhills/Pelsall border has been targeted again – and whilst the raiders this time stole large quantity of equipment, it seems Stevie also got good CCTV of the scum who burgled her.
Hey folks – this is really, really important, and I’d like readers and social media folk to spread this post far and wide – you will all know that Stevie Ansell and her riding school in Brownhills have been good pals of the blog, with whom we’ve had an honest and good relationship over the years – well now, they need our help.