Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Coming soon: Community celebration street party at Brownhills Activity Centre!
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- New Hall Mill open again this Bank Holiday Monday!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Badger cull at Oak Park
- Pictures from Pelsall Canal Festival 2013
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- 3,446,083 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Chasewater01: Chasewater visitors advised on blue-green algae Visitors to Chasewater are being advised not to take a dip or... https:/… 3 hours ago
- RT @WalsallCCG: Congratulations to Holland Park Surgery in Brownhills for being rated outstanding by @CareQualityComm #Congratulations #Wal… 3 hours ago
- RT @hbkeenan: Well done to all year 11 students at Brownhills School for great exam results yesterday. 77% English, 72% maths, 62% A*-C ove… 3 hours ago
- Not far from home. The wee lady has set a killer pace of 13.5mph over 70 miles. https://t.co/W9WfPnMP8t 7 hours ago
- RT @Kayleigh_B94: @BrownhillsBob hi bob please be adviced the blue-green algae signs are back up in chasewater 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Cannock Chase
In my last article, I pointed out that I’d received extra information on a couple of posts over the weekend – both on the Anglesey/sea question, and also on the Mine Rescue Team image shared by John Sale and Bill Mayo.
The great Bill Mayo, local historian and photo collector, has recently been digging in his files and found a few mystery images, like the one above of a local mines rescue team.
Today, I made a decision – it’s been a hard couple of weeks at work, and yesterday was a gorgeous ride into Lichfield, so when I saw the wonderful weather I decided to abandon the stuff I’d planned today, and went up on the Chase for a blast in the unseasonably warm weather.