Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 2nd - After what seems like weeks of grey, cold weather it... May 3, 2016
- May 2nd - What a difference an hour made.It had been a miserable... May 3, 2016
- May 1st - Born to be wild, still running free, the Newtown... May 2, 2016
- May 1st - A blustery and occasionally wet ride over to Walton on... May 2, 2016
- April 20th - As the weather had cleared, I stopped to snap a... May 2, 2016
- April 30th - So, there I’d done gone and promised to bring ny... May 2, 2016
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- 3,174,386 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @nxwestmidlands: Due to road resurfacing works on Coppice Road/Linden Road, service 10A is diverted from Walsall only via Lichfield Road… 1 hour ago
- RT @getinthesea: GET IN THE FUCKING SEA GOLDSMITH, YOU HONKING CHUNK OF TORY SHITE https://t.co/8trPf2zARD 4 hours ago
- RT @Staedtler: Have you seen the House of Lords? The British parliament may as well be on ebay. twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficia… 4 hours ago
- RT @TeacherROAR: @markthomasinfo Have you seen this? Advice for schools based on study of academies. "Exclude poor quality students" https… 4 hours ago
- RT @Quads_Of_War: @BrownhillsBob offer them one of these https://t.co/pgJc8Pvc5V 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 23, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Peter Cutler
In my last article, I pointed out that I’d received extra information on a couple of posts over the weekend – both on the Anglesey/sea question, and also on the Mine Rescue Team image shared by John Sale and Bill Mayo.
The great Bill Mayo, local historian and photo collector, has recently been digging in his files and found a few mystery images, like the one above of a local mines rescue team.
I keep returning to the subject of the man I consider to be the father of modern Brownhills, the one and only William Roberts – railway plate layer, ganger, publican, entrepreneur, civic stalwart, JP and philanthropist.
by reader Mandy Cockram, whose mother went to Ogley Hay Girls School in Brownhills in the e
I love it when I ask an innocent question here that I think is throwaway, and through some mistake I make, or some side debate, a whole new historical vista opens up – and this has been the case this week the the history of Sandhills, Shire Oak, and the Brawn and Lane family dynasties.