Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 30th - Another beautiful, frosty and glass-hard... December 1, 2016
- November 29th - It’s time. The winter tyres, with tungsten... November 30, 2016
- November 29th - A dreamy, icy, freezing morning that turned my... November 30, 2016
- November 28th - Although Victoria Park in Darlaston is beautiful... November 29, 2016
- November 28th - Pleased to note the return this year of the... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - I passed through Lichfield at sunset, and later,... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - How can this possibly be morally... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - It was a very dramatic-looking afternoon as I... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - It’s rather sad, but I bet the person who locked... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - A day spent shopping, eating and having fun in... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - Out for an early spa and an errand to Aldridge,... November 29, 2016
- November 25th - I have no idea what these lovely yellow flowers... November 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Suspicious activity in Brownhills: Be on your guard
- Beware: Children approached in Brownhills in two recent incidents
- House fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Badger baiting taking place locally as wounded dog found in Brownhills
- Aldridge Christmas Tree Festival - on all weekend!
- Ice cream, miners, silent cinema and the Jones Boys. What do you know?
- Flat fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Car accident in Brownhills on Saturday afternoon
- Disturbing incident in Shire Oak - householders be on your guard!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 3,753,684 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @chopmunky: Fuck you, 2016. https://t.co/zA8Gpql76m 1 hour ago
- RT @pezholio: Help me out here. When she says 'alpha male' she means 'raging arsehole' right? twitter.com/LouiseMensch/s… 1 hour ago
- RT @MeetAnimals: "Oh sun, I love you so much..." https://t.co/avjGbeFiQ2 1 hour ago
- RT @SanBrett: spreaker.com/episode/100332… @timlewis367 on @falconradio66 PLAYING ALL 60S @BrownhillsBob @dharford79 @Naughtyangel666 @LindaL… 2 hours ago
- RT @AGlasgowGirl: A man once got mad bc my ma asked me for a tampon in Punjabi + demanded we speak English so my ma asked him if he had a t… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Peter Cutler
Readers may well recall the awful and largely forgotten story surrounding Colenal James Kilian, and his cruelty and subsequent disgrace following the mistreatment of soldiers at the U.S. Army base stationed at Whittington, near Lichfield, duringWorld War Two – it’s a subject we’ve touched on occasionally and is little known about here in the UK, but somewhat notorious in the USA. Continue reading
In my last article, I pointed out that I’d received extra information on a couple of posts over the weekend – both on the Anglesey/sea question, and also on the Mine Rescue Team image shared by John Sale and Bill Mayo.
The great Bill Mayo, local historian and photo collector, has recently been digging in his files and found a few mystery images, like the one above of a local mines rescue team.
I keep returning to the subject of the man I consider to be the father of modern Brownhills, the one and only William Roberts – railway plate layer, ganger, publican, entrepreneur, civic stalwart, JP and philanthropist.