Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 19th - Although I use the bike cam constantly, I stopped... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Ostensibly asleep, but wide awake and studiously... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Darlaston is at it’s best in autumn, and with the... October 20, 2016
- October 18th - Another lovely golden hour, this time as I came... October 19, 2016
- October 18th - Stripes here is cross because on the way to work,... October 19, 2016
- October 17th - I made it back to Brownhills in a glorious sunset... October 19, 2016
- October 17th - I’ve passed through Ocker Hill and Toll End a... October 19, 2016
- October 16th - I remember when we just used to get plain old... October 19, 2016
- October 16th - Still, one can’t deny the beauty of the season. A... October 19, 2016
- October 15th - Further on, I hopped on the Spot Path back to... October 19, 2016
- October 15th - Terrible photos and video taken hurriedly and in... October 19, 2016
- madwblog: We love nightime walks. Artificial light reflects in... October 15, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- In the swim
- Power to the people
- An elocution confusion solution?
- Down with the kids
- Was the investigation into the Grove Pit Disaster a whitewash?
- Acoustic Night at The Chase Inn tonight!
- January 1991 - Inspiration from cancer victim John
- Down the drive at the side...
- Raising damp
- Coming soon: great Halloween kids party in Brownhills!
- 3,569,443 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @JudgeDewie: aba-design.co.uk/colour-brandin… 1 hour ago
- RT @JudgeDewie: And after I explained to her that Golden Wonder, KP, Smiths and even McCoy used blue packets for Salt&Vinegar she beckoned… 1 hour ago
- RT @JudgeDewie: Walkers are owned by Pepsi who now divert their profits offshore so all the British £££ spent on crisps are lost in terms o… 1 hour ago
- RT @MrMarkFairhurst: How on earth has this happened. Bitterness, hatred, selfishness. Where's the humanity? #bbcqt 1 hour ago
- RT @joncstone: lol is The Sun really having a go at someone for ‘peddling migrant lies’? https://t.co/Ed0DmNg10n 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: St Matthews
I’ve received a fascinating enquiry from reader and friend of the blog Tony Briggs, who sent me a lovely photo, and other than his grandfather William Briggs being in the middle of the group, he knows nothing about it.
There was a surprising and good deal of interest shown recently when I scanned sections of a recently acquired book, ‘Visitations of the Archdeaconry of Stafford 1829-1841′ published by the Historical Manuscripts Commission and Her Majesty’s Stationary Office (HMSO). This copy was published in 1980, and bears the ISBN of 0 11 440066 0. The work is edited by David Robinson MA, Ph D.