Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 1st - Born to be wild, still running free, the Newtown... May 2, 2016
- May 1st - A blustery and occasionally wet ride over to Walton on... May 2, 2016
- April 20th - As the weather had cleared, I stopped to snap a... May 2, 2016
- April 30th - So, there I’d done gone and promised to bring ny... May 2, 2016
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
- April 26th - It’s nice to see Scarborough Road in the Walsall... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Despite the very poor weather, on Clayhanger... April 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- Up around the bend
- Standing up for a quiet man
- Brownhills in black and white
- Chase Sailing Club open day today
- Aldridge Manor Youth Club restarts in a new home this coming Tuesday!
- The Anchor is open for business! Join them for a disco tonight
- August 1993 - It's question time?
- Road accident in Brownhills now
- 3,173,211 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Right, we had a meeting, it's cold and sun's inso we're off home. Cheers for following - we both really enjoyed that 1 hour ago
- The VALLEY is BEAUTIFUL! https://t.co/JvFsgLi3Rm 1 hour ago
- RT @Ross_JCooper: This has to be the most cultured thing I've seen in my home town of #Brownhills. Could it be a #Banksy? Na but 👍 https://… 1 hour ago
- It's a BEAUTIFUL EVENING but the WIND IS STRONG. https://t.co/F6bFmAbXls 1 hour ago
- RT @nessie_w: @BrownhillsBob watched 'the boss' at Chasewater last week- he poofed his neck feathers up to about 3x the size. ..he looked H… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 23, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Conduit Colliery
More here today that goes to show the Venn diagram of history forever curiously overlaps – Ian pell has waded in once more on the subject of the notorious May 1959 rail tour up the Walsall Wood line to the Conduit Colliery – from which a few pictures have emerged over the years and was raised here again last week by Simon Swain with a great new picture.
A great one for the train enthusiasts comes in from new Brownhills resident Simon Swain, who’s been doing some great railway history stuff in the South Staffordshire Railway group on Facebook – it seems that the notorious May 1959 rail tour up the Walsall Wood line to the Conduit Colliery – from which a few pictures have emerged over the years – continues to fascinate and unearth new images.
Alan Harvey has dug deep in his own collection and sent me this wonderful, disparate collection of images and other ephemera relating to Norton Canes, which I hope will spark discussion amongst the readership.