Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 15th - What an awful day.I battled into Walsall against... February 15, 2018
- February 13th - I wore out a set of front brake pads, and still... February 14, 2018
- February 13th - A horrid, windy, wet day and nipping out in the... February 14, 2018
- February 12th - Also in Kings Hill Park, this plant flowering in... February 13, 2018
- February 12th - The miniature daffodils in Kings Hill Park are... February 13, 2018
- February 11th - Near Middleton and Drayton Basset, a Western... February 12, 2018
- February 11th - Finally, a decent ride out. But not without... February 12, 2018
- February 10th - I’m liking the look of the houses going up on... February 12, 2018
- February 10th - An evening spin out turned out to be warmer than... February 12, 2018
- February 9th - I was in town past six, in the early darkness,... February 12, 2018
- February 8th - Passing through Walsall and running some errands,... February 12, 2018
- February 8th - I’ve not ridden through Little Aston Forge for... February 9, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- In the swim
- September 1991 - Clayhanger residents demand an end to neglect
- A Saint Jimmy riddle...
- Ahead of the curve
- A match for Mylee - this morning at Oak Park!
- Buses by Night 2018 - great Aldridge event on this Saturday!
- Warning: Attempted break in to occupied house in High Heath
- Looking sharp!
- A very special Day for Mylee - this Sunday!
- Walsall Wood play Chelmsley Town at Oak Park this afternoon!
- 5,078,125 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: Ordnance Survey
If you’re engaged in the local online community, you’ll have no doubt caught up with this already, but for those who haven’t, there’s a new historical mapping resource available online right now, free of charge, and it’s really rather special. Continue reading
One of the good things about Christmas is having time to catch up with the posts I’ve been meaning to compile for ages – this one is a specific one that’s been needed since I started the blog really, and is a key to very large scale maps I use here on the blog.
Today, I’ve mostly been trawling the paper mapping record for Clayhanger, in order to throw a little more light on the issues it faced in the post war years – debate about subsidence and flooding and the subsequent land restoration that occurred has been ongoing, and this is a really interesting bit of local history for me.
Following on from the post ‘Old ground’, reader Mike Armstrong asked for more of the Lichfield and Whittington area – so here you go.