Top Posts & Pages
- Appealing for family and friends of Mr. Sam Bennett please
- On Parade once more!
- Here's something for the kids to do late this afternoon in Clayhanger...
- Just time to find out about the Friends of Chasewater right now!
- A great sing along showing of Mama Mia Here We Go Again this very evening in Brownhills!
- #365daysifbiking Gaining fast:January 16th - Although, on the...
- #365daysifbiking Downhill carefully:January 16th - I was tired,...
- #365daysifbiking Glow now:January 15th - Long exposure photos...
- #365daysifbiking Bridge to my heart:January 14th - And on my...
- #365daysifbiking On the Spot:January 14th - Painfully early...
- 5,783,382 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
287918 TracksElectric Counterpoint: III. Fast
27 minsElectric Counterpoint: II. Slow
31 minsElectric Counterpoint: I. Fast
36 minsSecret Mission
42 minsForever Changing
47 minsGolden Key
52 minsOnly Angels Have Wings
56 minsThe Winter Tree
60 minsJekyll and Hyde
1 hourThe Flood at Lyons
Paul Anslow on A gentleman in his Sunday best Pedro on On Parade once more! andkindred on On Parade once more! andkindred on On Parade once more! Graf Harrington on On Parade once more!
Tag Archives: Stuart Cowley
Today, reader and longstanding friend of the Brownhills Blog Stuart Cowley mailed me the above wonderful image of Chasetown Working Men’s Club Committee from years past, when Stuart’s Dad was involved.
Here’s an interesting piece from reader and friend of the blog Stuart Cowley – I spent my teenage years glued to Beacon and miss it’s old, original incarnation terribly before the days of playlists and targeted marketing, the station was radical, quirky and had real Black Country personality. Continue reading
I’ve had a great email from reader Stuart Cowley, about growing up and spending summers helping his family out at the cafe in Chasewater in the 1960s. It’s a really touching, well-written piece. I remember the Chasewater of the 70s, when it was running down, but at it’s height it seems to have been a real leisure attraction.