Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 23rd - Heading into Birmingham on a dull, misty and... January 23, 2017
- January 22nd - I couldn’t think where to go, so I just took turn... January 23, 2017
- January 22nd - It was hard leaving the house today. Occasionally... January 23, 2017
- January 21st - An experiment with long-exposure photography was... January 23, 2017
- January 21st - It seems my optimism at the dawning of the light... January 23, 2017
- madoldbaggage: What a fascinating little house. Tudor built as... January 23, 2017
- January 20th - I was home earlier, but didn’t escape the dark.... January 21, 2017
- January 20th - Then, as if by magic, the light appeared to save... January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Another late return, another dearth of decent... January 21, 2017
- Photo January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Spotted near thee canal in Darlaston on yet... January 19, 2017
- January 18th - A long, grey and damp day ended very, very late.... January 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Class photos
- Arrests made following Brownhills burglary
- A mystery for the narrowboat folk
- Subaru car stolen from Aldridge - keep an eye out folks
- Adrian Wigley: Funeral details announced
- The school of 64
- Oak Park misery continues as Mikes master Wood
- December 1991 - A prayer for Christmas
- Remember the man with the clipboard?
- Going Back
- 3,926,230 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Stephenson Locomotive Society
The SLS rail tour that took place in 1959 has proven to be a rich seam of material, and has provoked much debate amongst blog readers about the locations of some photos, and just how and where the Diesel Multiple Unit pictured managed to reverse.
More here today that goes to show the Venn diagram of history forever curiously overlaps – Ian pell has waded in once more on the subject of the notorious May 1959 rail tour up the Walsall Wood line to the Conduit Colliery – from which a few pictures have emerged over the years and was raised here again last week by Simon Swain with a great new picture.
A great one for the train enthusiasts comes in from new Brownhills resident Simon Swain, who’s been doing some great railway history stuff in the South Staffordshire Railway group on Facebook – it seems that the notorious May 1959 rail tour up the Walsall Wood line to the Conduit Colliery – from which a few pictures have emerged over the years – continues to fascinate and unearth new images.
Here’s an unusual one that came in yesterday afternoon. When I saw the picture kindly supplied by Ian, I immediately thought of the image of a similar charter in Bill Mayo and John Sale’s great book ‘Memories of Old Walsall Wood’, which I include at the foot of the post.