Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- New Hall Mill is open this Sunday for the last open day of 2019
- Fancy a Parkrun at Chasewater this Saturday morning?
- Get set for Lichfield and Hatherton's huge 2019 Canal Heritage Gathering next weekend!
- Tipton Community and Canal Festival this weekend!
- Lichfield repair cafe September meet up - get together, celebrate and get things fixed this Saturday!
- 6,165,739 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
295426 TracksTwo Stones In My Pocket
4 daysVanishing Point
6 daysWho Do You Love
1 weekLove Still Flows
The Lotus Eaters
1 weekWho Do You Love
2 weeksDouble Jointed
2 weeksSong of Love
2 weeksTwenty Bridges
2 weeksLate One Sunday
The American Analog Set
Martin Williams on Pelsall Hall Colliery disaster… Terence Burgoyne on Get with the programme: Shire… Rob on Gerald Reece’s Chasewate… Steven Birch on Working at the BRD – a c… George Reynolds on Working at the BRD – a c…
Tag Archives: Walsall Wood Colliery Co
The really fascinating thing about curating this blog is the way it inspires people to look into not just history, but the retelling of it; I have been banging on for years that we need to be careful not just of our own accounts and beliefs, but also of those accounts we hold as truths from authoritative sources.
I had a posting schedule for this weekend, but like so many things I plan, it seems to have flown out the window – when the fascinating thread about Captain T.V. Peake was developing, mostly when I was getting covered in mud on Cannock Chase, it seems one reader had his head deep in research.