Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 25th - Not a brilliant shot but something I’ve not seen... May 25, 2017
- May 25th - So many new flowers to notice every day, and in the... May 25, 2017
- May 24th - Sorry for the surfeit of wildfowl chick photos, but... May 24, 2017
- May 24th - One of the more strikingly beautiful wayside flowers... May 24, 2017
- May 23rd - I’m glad to say the sun and warm weather over the... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - With warmer weather, during the warm hours, the urban... May 23, 2017
- May 22nd - A long time since I featured Jockey Meadows here -... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - Spotted in Walsall late this afternoon, parked up... May 23, 2017
- May 21st - Also out in abundance was the sallow, which is... May 22, 2017
- May 21st - A much nicer day with warm sun and gentle southerly... May 22, 2017
- May 20th - I popped out for a short run on shopping errands to... May 21, 2017
- May 19th - Much of the journey was an errand in Digbeth. I... May 20, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware: Lady intimidated at Chasewater Heath
- Local miniature railway open this Monday!
- Fazeley floating market - on all this weekend!
- Just the job... local lad still looking for work
- Big Bounce family fun day at Holland Park this Sunday!
- Let's have a butchers
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Have you seen this chap lost from Brownhills West?
- Do you provide donkey rides? You could save Mark's ass!
- Great dog show event this Bank Holiday Monday at Walsall Arboretum
- 4,295,277 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Electricity
Old friend of the blog Reg ‘Aer Reg’ Fullelove has been at it again – and this time, he’s written a fabulous piece on his early working days as an electricity supply engineer for the Chasetown Electricity Board, in the very earliest days of domestic supply.
Continue reading →
It seems there are reports of further power outages in the Walsall Wood area at the moment the power situation has been unstable since the weekend and a standby generator has been in operation in the area.
Continue reading →
It’s a curious fact of local history that little St. Anne’s Church, in Church Street, Chasetown, was the first church in Britain lit by electric light. The history of this installation, and of electricity coming to Chasewtown and Brownhills is inextricably tied up with the history of mining in the area.
Continue reading →