Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 28th - Inexorably sliding now from the flowering to the... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Cockfest 2016 on this weekend!
- Local kids fight to raise disability awareness
- Funeral details for Roger Mosedale announced - and more of Roger's music emerges
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Lamping it!
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Cockfest starts today!
- Chasewater Countryside Events and Guided Walks 2016 - details available here
- 3,381,200 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @BhillsCommoner: @BrownhillsBob On the subject of dialect have you heard "gommerking" and "chombling" (soundex) w/o the "g" - they may b… 4 hours ago
- RT @PukkahPunjabi: Jeremy Corbyn killed Harambe and Eoin Clarke has the evidence to prove it but The Canary are covering it up because of A… 4 hours ago
- RT @sabcatprinting: Because kids from poor families don't have a shit enough time as it is... huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/lunch-is… 4 hours ago
- RT @sacredwench: Healthy moth population, five floors up. No idea of species id. but various bob owlers, small, medium & large drawn in by… 4 hours ago
- RT @stevebct: A fantastic evening, thanks Brownhills Activity Centre, @flatpack, Paul Shawcross, @CreativeBCuk @bct_us https://t.co/dQ3AQ5k… 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Cine film
This is a quick one that’s popped up via Facebook and the hero behind the Aldridge Cinema project: Russell Smith, who’s found and converted some cinefilm of Aldridge Carnival in the late 1960s – it’s really rather wonderful and very high quality.
I have something remarkable coming up on the blog tomorrow, a film I’ve been tracking down for a while, and thanks to the immense generosity and kindness of local history stalwarts Brian ‘Clayhanger Kid’ Stringer and the Young David Evans, I can present it here on the net for the community to share and debate.
Here’s a quick fun series of videos that amused me greatly, found by top reader and local history ferret [Howmuch?] showing Birmingham just as everything was changing in the postwar era. I think everyone who knew the 1960s redevelopment of Birmingham – now long consigned to history – will raise a wry smile at these clips.
Continue reading →
Over on the Pigblog, the Stymaster continues his painstaking and wonderful mission to preserve his late father’s collection of photographic and cine film ephemera from the seventies. I’ve already pointed out the posts covering Stubbers Green, a video of Chasewater … Continue reading →
Over at the Pigblog, the Stymaster is currently working his way through a whole shedload of old slides and cine film that were taken by, and belonged to, his old man. Initial results are fescinating and fit well into the … Continue reading →