- yesterdaysprint: The Berkshire Eagle, Pittsfield, Massachusetts,...
- #365daysofbiking Hard work:November 9th - Heavy rain to and from...
- #365daysofbiking The last obstacle”November 8th - Returning from...
- #365daysofbiking Lifted:November 8th - Heading to work on a...
- #365daysofbiking Bitter gourds:November 7th - One of the odder...
- 5,656,037 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
285778 TracksDouble Jointed
2 daysKeep Drawing Suns
3 daysIn Memory of Honey
3 daysTracing New Maps
3 daysRecovering Australia
3 daysThe Enabler
3 daysHeaven or Las Vegas
3 daysDouble Jointed
Bogus callers: Pleas… on Elderly Brownhills couple mena… Molly Lloyd on Walsall Wood Remembrance Sunda… Lichfield Waterworks… on I fought the lore Lichfield Waterworks… on Gathering steam Wendy White on You ancestors role in the Grea…
Tag Archives: 1968
Here’s the final blast of pictures from the mystery archive found by local historian Clive Roberts back at the beginning of November – these images are remarkable as the show the Grove Colliery on the Cannock Extension Canal at Lime Lane in 1958 and 1959, and I know of few extant images of the time – perhaps the only good representation being in the 1963 cinefilm of Brownhills, donated by Brian Stringer.
A couple of great images reach me from top blog contributor the young David Evans, and reader Maria Fitzgerald – both are of kids in their Sunday best clothes in celebration.