Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills Carnival, circa 1972: A special gallery
- Walsall Wood FC v Ilkeston Town - crunch away match today!
- We'm gooin up Norton Pewul!
- Local miniature railway open this Easter Bank Holiday Monday!
- Loads going on at the Horse & Jockey Walsall Wood - including a great charity Easter egg hunt and fun day this Saturday!
- 5,953,181 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
292414 TracksSleeping on Roads
1 dayMartha’s Mantra (For the Pain)
1 daySee You on Rooftops
1 dayHi-Lo and Inbetween
1 dayDriving with Bert
1 dayTwo Stones In My Pocket
1 dayHigh Hopes
1 dayDreamed I Saw Soldiers
1 daySleeping on Roads
Ron on Down the tubes jordankennethbird200… on Full details of upcoming 10/10… andyropes7 on Brownhills St. George’s… 10 Fabulous Ideas Fo… on Another family fun day –… Eldyne Cooper (Coats… on Down the drive at the side…
Tag Archives: 1968
Here’s the final blast of pictures from the mystery archive found by local historian Clive Roberts back at the beginning of November – these images are remarkable as the show the Grove Colliery on the Cannock Extension Canal at Lime Lane in 1958 and 1959, and I know of few extant images of the time – perhaps the only good representation being in the 1963 cinefilm of Brownhills, donated by Brian Stringer.
A couple of great images reach me from top blog contributor the young David Evans, and reader Maria Fitzgerald – both are of kids in their Sunday best clothes in celebration.