Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysifbiking Gaining fast:January 16th - Although, on the...
- #365daysifbiking Downhill carefully:January 16th - I was tired,...
- #365daysifbiking Glow now:January 15th - Long exposure photos...
- #365daysifbiking Bridge to my heart:January 14th - And on my...
- #365daysifbiking On the Spot:January 14th - Painfully early...
- 5,789,522 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
288071 TracksRecovering Australia
now playing...Recovering Australia
1 minThe Enabler
9 minsHeaven or Las Vegas
19 minsDouble Jointed
31 minsSwallows and Swifts - Radio WZBC Session
37 minsCoastal Stations - Radio WZBC Session
40 minsTo My Love
Clive on When the stars came to The Woo… Graham on The Parade route David Evans on On Parade once more! David Evans on On Parade once more! DaveD on The Parade route
Tag Archives: 1968
Here’s the final blast of pictures from the mystery archive found by local historian Clive Roberts back at the beginning of November – these images are remarkable as the show the Grove Colliery on the Cannock Extension Canal at Lime Lane in 1958 and 1959, and I know of few extant images of the time – perhaps the only good representation being in the 1963 cinefilm of Brownhills, donated by Brian Stringer.
A couple of great images reach me from top blog contributor the young David Evans, and reader Maria Fitzgerald – both are of kids in their Sunday best clothes in celebration.