Top Posts & Pages
- Appealing for family and friends of Mr. Sam Bennett please
- On Parade once more!
- Here's something for the kids to do late this afternoon in Clayhanger...
- Just time to find out about the Friends of Chasewater right now!
- A great sing along showing of Mama Mia Here We Go Again this very evening in Brownhills!
- #365daysifbiking Gaining fast:January 16th - Although, on the...
- #365daysifbiking Downhill carefully:January 16th - I was tired,...
- #365daysifbiking Glow now:January 15th - Long exposure photos...
- #365daysifbiking Bridge to my heart:January 14th - And on my...
- #365daysifbiking On the Spot:January 14th - Painfully early...
- 5,783,389 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
287918 TracksElectric Counterpoint: III. Fast
51 minsElectric Counterpoint: II. Slow
55 minsElectric Counterpoint: I. Fast
1 hourSecret Mission
1 hourForever Changing
1 hourGolden Key
1 hourOnly Angels Have Wings
1 hourThe Winter Tree
1 hourJekyll and Hyde
1 hourThe Flood at Lyons
Paul Anslow on A gentleman in his Sunday best Pedro on On Parade once more! andkindred on On Parade once more! andkindred on On Parade once more! Graf Harrington on On Parade once more!
Tag Archives: sculpture
I’ve had a great email from reader Stuart Cowley, about growing up and spending summers helping his family out at the cafe in Chasewater in the 1960s. It’s a really touching, well-written piece. I remember the Chasewater of the 70s, when it was running down, but at it’s height it seems to have been a real leisure attraction.
Here’s an interesting one from fellow Brownhills historian David Hodgkinson. David has been musing on the fate of a piece of public art erected at Catshill Junction as part of the canal towpath renovations a few years ago. I must … Continue reading