Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Pictures from the 2019 Brownhills BCNS Canalside Festival
- The Brownhills Canalside Festival 2019 runs all weekend!
- Police issue statement following car and bus collision in Walsall Wood
- Local work vehicle key thefts ongoing: Beware, folks
- The Brownhills Canalside Festival is reborn in 2019 - would you like a stall?
- 6,008,610 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
294092 TracksThe Sleepy Strange
2 hoursSoft N Ez
2 hoursVanishing Point
2 hoursThis Year's Beat
2 hoursDisconnect the Cables
2 hoursThe Waiting
3 hoursVinyl Fever
3 hoursThe Sleepy Strange
3 hoursSoft N Ez
3 hoursVanishing Point
David Evans on Pictures from the 2019 Brownhi… Pictures from the 20… on The Brownhills Canalside Festi… The Brownhills Canal… on A remarkable local rail journe… Only humanist… on Explosive stuff Clayhanger Summer Li… on Clayhanger spring clean…
Tag Archives: 1958
Thanks to Stuart Williams of Walsall Local History Centre, I can share with readers today another piece in the remarkable jigsaw that is the Ferrie family history – the Ferries, as many old hands will recall, were a larger than life father and son who were well known in Aldridge and Brownhills for their entrepreneurialism and propensity to acts of community largesse and showmanship.
Alan Harvey has dug deep in his own collection and sent me this wonderful, disparate collection of images and other ephemera relating to Norton Canes, which I hope will spark discussion amongst the readership.