Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysifbiking Gaining fast:January 16th - Although, on the...
- #365daysifbiking Downhill carefully:January 16th - I was tired,...
- #365daysifbiking Glow now:January 15th - Long exposure photos...
- #365daysifbiking Bridge to my heart:January 14th - And on my...
- #365daysifbiking On the Spot:January 14th - Painfully early...
- 5,780,708 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
287812 TracksStay In The Shade
6 hoursAll You Deliver
6 hoursDeadweight On Velveteen
6 hoursSlow Moves
6 hoursThe Nest
Derek Wright on A return to the crease –… len Boulton on A return to the crease –… Dave Dunkley on A return to the crease –… len Boulton on A return to the crease –… Derek Wright on A return to the crease –…
Tag Archives: rocket
Thanks to Stuart Williams of Walsall Local History Centre, I can share with readers today another piece in the remarkable jigsaw that is the Ferrie family history – the Ferries, as many old hands will recall, were a larger than life father and son who were well known in Aldridge and Brownhills for their entrepreneurialism and propensity to acts of community largesse and showmanship.
I love how the blog allows stories to unfold slowly, gradually adding more and more information and evidence as time passes; and so it is with the story of the Charles Ferrie narrowboat, which Ralph Ferrie donated to Brownhills Youth Club in 1962, and was named in memory of his father.
Tony Wynn – a man who’s previously helped with matters relating to the Ralph Ferrie story here on the Brownhills Blog – sent me the above, wonderful image today, with a covering note.