Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 6th - On an equally dull return commute, harassed by the... July 6, 2015
- July 6th - On the way to work on a grey, dull Monday morning,... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - From Ogley Junction footbridge, long range shots of... July 6, 2015
- July 5th - An odd day involving a fair few errands. I set out... July 6, 2015
- July 4th - Fully loaded with shopping, I pottered back, becoming... July 5, 2015
- July 4th - Independence day, but sadly not from work. To my... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - I was wiped out. I’d had to sit on the floor all the... July 5, 2015
- July 3rd - As readers who follow me elsewhere will know, I have... July 5, 2015
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Jobs up for grabs at the Chase Inn, Brownhills
- Time for a fillum...
- Explosive stuff
- September 1995 - Walsall Wood FC up in flames!
- That didn't go to plan... or did it?
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- Bombs Over Brownhills
- Pictures from the 2015 Brownhills Canalside Festival
- Cars in the park - On now and tomorrow
- 2,421,684 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @moronwatch: One suspects #Syriza has no wish for a deal. Their behaviour has been insane, and here's another example http://t.co/6crQ6a… 24 minutes ago
- We sit, contemplating this for a few mins. His phone rings 'that's the bugger now. Suppose I'd better charm him. You keep your head down.' 57 minutes ago
- 'Well Bob, I was disappointed too. He's a pain in the backside. Bloody good financial head though.' 59 minutes ago
- MD 'you know the big argument you had in 2013? He was going to quit over that' 'was he? Oh bugger me.' 'Is that guilt?' 'No, disappointment' 1 hour ago
- I've just upset the finance director, who's had a strop. This pleases me. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Megalopolis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Fram
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Somnium
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Misty Moses
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Sunday Neurosis
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Torito
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – The Soundmaker
- Calexico – Miles from the Sea
- Calexico – Cumbia de Donde
- Calexico – Tapping on the Line
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Brownhills stuff
Deb Jacobs from The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills has been in touch to ask if I’d advertise the vacancies she has at the pub for bar staff and a cleaner; this great pub is recently doing well as a great real ale, cider and music venue, and is certainly pulling in the punters.
There’s a discussion currently ongoing in the background between contributors the the Brownhills blog about our area during wartime, and the kind of effect the Second World War had on Brownhills and the wider area as a whole – we’re interested primarily in what people remember, or stories they were told about air raids in the locality.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 72 of the long lost freesheet, from September 1995 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
The revival of the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues apace – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – this Saturday (4th July 2015) at 7:30pm you can catch Electric Soup with support from Black Light Secret and in the afternoon slot on Sunday (5th July 2015) highly rated band Going Diablo play from 4-7pm.
Now that summer is here, the nights have opened out and hopefully the good weather is at last upon us, why not take the family up to Oak Park today (Saturday 4th July 2015)?
Continue reading →
I like this one – over the weekend an enquiry came in from friend of the blog Gillian Gaiser, as to the location of a place she members being called Spring Nob.
Continue reading →
Earlier today, I had the sad task of requesting help in tracing the scumbags who nicked a canoe and other sporting kit from Millfield School in Catshill, Brownhills.