Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 27th - It’s the time of year when I dread getting stopped... July 27, 2015
- July 27th - I awoke to a better day. It was warm again and the... July 27, 2015
- July 26th - Everything was wet. Hour after hour of rain.I could... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - In heavy rain, a flotilla of swans. not far from the... July 26, 2015
- July 26th - The latest addition to the local architectural scene... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - I headed to the supermarket in Aldridge late, and a... July 26, 2015
- July 25th - There was something of the night about the... July 26, 2015
- July 24th - Noticed in Holland Park, the reships are growing... July 24, 2015
- July 24th - I came home from work through Brownhills over Anchor... July 24, 2015
- July 23rd - Oh, hi there pals. Not seen you guys for a little... July 24, 2015
- July 23rd - It may be high summer, but the wildflowers see no... July 24, 2015
- July 22nd - And near Shelfield, Grange Farm at High Heath has a... July 23, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Holland Park fun day this Wednesday - get down there with the kids!
- Where there's hope
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Walsall Wood stumble at Pelsall, plus match and fixture updates from Bill Shaw
- The Cossacks of Walsall Wood
- Major road closes this Sunday for 7 weeks: be prepared
- A flock of sparrows
- B&M coming to Aldridge - vacancies now being advertised
- Avoiding the Red Caps with the permission of Captain Palmer
- As the dual carriageway came through
- 2,474,328 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Pelsall. If some of those people had real problems they'd shit themselves 2 hours ago
- RT @PrimlyStable: I see @cyclingweekly has memory-holed its "sexual harassment as banter" intro. http://t.co/VWRaQXyKzV 2 hours ago
- RT @weblefeck: @arrivamidlandsW how long are you going to keep sending 12tonne busses over the 10tonne bridge in Pelsall? @Trafficwmp 2 hours ago
- The subtext of residential angst in this is delicious twitter.com/beaconstreetar… 2 hours ago
- RT @ESPhotoArchive: Don't forget to do @ExpressAndStar archive survey. We need your views: expressandstar.com/news/2015/07/2… … http://t.co/XQcIZeyHGb 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Category Archives: Brownhills stuff
Summer holidays, eh – kids already driving you mad already – this Wednesday 29th July 2014, between 10:30am and 4:00pm there will be an opportunity to get them off that games console and out into the fresh air with the annual summer fun event at the ever popular Holland Park in Brownhills Continue reading →
Well, you can’t keep a good man down, and never was the adage more true than with Walsall Wood FC’s Bill Shaw, who’s been struggling with a bad chest of late and not been able to catch the matches he’d like.
[caption id="attachment_26132" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Determination[/caption] Continue reading →
It’s always a joy to feature articles here by the wonderful Anslow brothers; over the years John and Paul have contributed so much to our local history knowledge, from everyday but special weddings, to sneaking into fetes and even recalling lost Pelsallian ice ream vendors.
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – and there’s a couple of great acts on this weekend.
Continue reading →
Here’s a really, really great thing happening next weekend at Newtown, Brownhills – a two day festival with proceeds going to the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity featuring music and fun in memory of a much-loved local man who sadly passed away this year.
Continue reading →
Fancy doing some voluntary work for the Lichfield Scrap Barn shop at Chasewater Innovation Centre – friend of the blog and top Phoenix Hospital Radio DJ Lucy Wood has dropped me a line to let me know that they have some great positions available.
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 22nd July 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 22nd July 2015) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below. Continue reading →