Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 5th - In case you haven’t noticed, there’s an election on.... May 6, 2015
- May 5th - On a morning commute from hell, against a headwind... May 6, 2015
- May 4th - The day may have been on the dull side, but the... May 4, 2015
- May 4th - A run out in the afternoon didn’t reward me with the... May 4, 2015
- madoldbaggage: A walk at Park Lime Pits, local nature reserve,... May 4, 2015
- May 3rd - Another spot that benefited from the sunshine and... May 4, 2015
- May 3rd - An old cycling friend of mine whom I used to meet... May 4, 2015
- May 2nd - How can grey days be so beautiful? It was awful... May 3, 2015
- May 2nd - I had the camera, this time - although the light was... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Similarly, this poor phone photo of Fishpond Wood in... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Like an idiot, I left my camera at home this morning.... May 3, 2015
- April 30th - I returned the same way, but the deer had moved on.... April 30, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,270,363 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @TamePPF: Different uses for Tame water over the years #industrialtame http://t.co/4eUetsFvHk 13 minutes ago
- Must say, @lichfieldlive's election coverage has been great. Nice to see the comment section snactched back from the fascists and moaners 13 minutes ago
- RT @TheRightArticle: Alan Berube: ‘We are moving poverty to the suburbs’ - feeds.theguardian.com/c/34708/f/6638… 14 minutes ago
- RT @RogerQuimbly: Bacon sandwich, Prime Minister? http://t.co/RJASNDL4q9 14 minutes ago
- RT @TamePPF: Boating on the River Tame near Hamstead Hall....... #industrialtame #ukrivers http://t.co/4l7CIc5kS1 15 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stephen Stills – Dreaming Of Snakes - Demo
- Stephen Stills – Judy - Demo
- Stephen Stills – Bumble Bee
- Stephen Stills – Black Queen - Demo
- Stephen Stills – The Doctor Will See You Now - Demo
- Stephen Stills – Know You've Got To Run - Demo
- Stephen Stills – Change Partners - Demo
- Stephen Stills – So Begins The Task - Demo
- Stephen Stills – All I Know Is What You Tell Me - Demo
- Joni Mitchell – For the Roses
- Chasewater Strollers May 11, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 18, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Category Archives: Brownhills stuff
I’m doing this one following requests on social media – the Chasewater Rangers Rant newsletter for Spring 2015, and it’s rather good, I have to say – paper copies are available free from the Innovation Centre.
Well, you can’t keep a good man down, and never was the adage more true than with Bill Shaw, when this surprise match report plopped in to my inbox last night.
Last Thursday evening (30th April 2015) the young David Evans was invited to the Walsall Wood Under 18s home match against Bilston Town – with the first time season over, and the Youth Team performing so well, we thought an insight into their game would be of interest to the football following readers.
Continue reading →
The Walsall Wood FC season may be over, but you can get your fix of great football today (May 3rd 2015) at Oak Park, Walsall Wood where there’s a great charity football match taking place, when Shire Oak Saints vets (all stars!) face the Select Windows XI.
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 58 of the long lost freesheet, from July 1994 for you to peruse and download – I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
A couple of days ago, I featured here the curious case of the missing dog poo bin just behind Chandlers Keep near the canal in Brownhills – local dog walkers were unhappy at the disappearance of the well used disposal point.
A quick enquiry I received yesterday via Facebook from reader Leigh Millward – I’m sure that out there amongst the readership, we have the knowledge and power to answer this interesting question.
Continue reading →