Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 21st - Following the winds of the last few weeks, my... October 22, 2017
- October 21st - A blustery, showery day, so I restricted myself... October 22, 2017
- October 20th - And in the green heaven of Kings Hill Park, where... October 21, 2017
- October 20th - In to work early, and on a morning of patchy rain... October 21, 2017
- October 19th - A day marked by a ludicrously early start and... October 20, 2017
- October 18th - And here’s the problem. The clocks haven’t gone... October 19, 2017
- October 18th - A week or so, I posted a video ‘Welcome to the... October 19, 2017
- October 17th - Well, if the day before had gone unexpectedly... October 18, 2017
- October 17th - My deer magnet hasn’t been great lately, so... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - With the sun more or less returned to normal and... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - An very strange weather day. We were expecting... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - Sometimes, all you want to do is tear up the... October 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- 4,753,928 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Linda Mason
There are a handful of great local history books out at the moment, just in time for Christmas, that would makes great gifts for those with a local interest – last week I noted the new book on Brownhills pubs by Clive Roberts, and I’m posting today to point up the new book by Sue Satterthwaite and Len Boulton covering Aldridge.
Continuing the burst of Christmas events (Where the devil did Christmas come from all of a sudden?) there’s a wonderful Christmas Tree Festival at Aldridge Methodist Church running today (Saturday 3rd December 2016) right up until 6pm tonight, and from 12-4pm tomorrow.
There is a vey interesting pair of Great War Remembrance events coming to Aldridge in a couple of weeks for people who wish to pay respects, those who had family involvement or perhaps historical interest in the Battle of the Somme.
I’ve just noticed that there’s a unique event happening this coming Friday afternoon in Aldridge at the Manor House, marking this fine building’s unique history as a military hospital.
Continuing the burst of Christmas events (Where the devil did Christmas come from all of a sudden?) there’s a wonderful Christmas Tree Festival at Aldridge Methodist Church running today (Saturday 5th December 2015) right up until 7pm tonight, and from 12-4pm tomorrow – and there’s a fine historical twist, too.