Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 21st - I noticed this lad hopping about the yard at work,... March 22, 2017
- March 21st - Gosh, it was cold this morning. After the warmth of... March 22, 2017
- March 20th - With the start of my beloved British Summer Time... March 20, 2017
- March 20th - One aspect of springtime in Walsall that’s always... March 20, 2017
- March 18th - Talking of swans, here’s a flock of about 100... March 19, 2017
- March 19th - I thought today that it was time to check to see if... March 19, 2017
- March 18th - I popped up to a wind-blasted Chasewater, which is... March 19, 2017
- March 18th - A brief run out on a wolfish, windy afternoon had... March 19, 2017
- March 17th - Coming back from Lichfield, tired after a hard... March 19, 2017
- March 17th - I popped into Lichfield to do some shopping on the... March 19, 2017
- March 16th - Also bursting forth now, a whole tranche of spring... March 19, 2017
- March 16th - Spotted by the roadside in Darlaston, even the... March 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Stationary travellers
- Sad news in the search for Andy Cooper
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - March 2017 public meeting this Monday!
- In the soup at Chasewater - this Saturday!
- Goblin it up...
- There's going to be a jailbreak...
- Walsall Wood slay Shepshed
- Walsall Wood Boys Brigade from the 1950s, and an enquiry from a new reader
- What's this stuff about, then?
- March 1993 - Shire Oak goes grant maintained
- 4,128,496 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Talk Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Linda Mason
There are a handful of great local history books out at the moment, just in time for Christmas, that would makes great gifts for those with a local interest – last week I noted the new book on Brownhills pubs by Clive Roberts, and I’m posting today to point up the new book by Sue Satterthwaite and Len Boulton covering Aldridge.
Continuing the burst of Christmas events (Where the devil did Christmas come from all of a sudden?) there’s a wonderful Christmas Tree Festival at Aldridge Methodist Church running today (Saturday 3rd December 2016) right up until 6pm tonight, and from 12-4pm tomorrow.
There is a vey interesting pair of Great War Remembrance events coming to Aldridge in a couple of weeks for people who wish to pay respects, those who had family involvement or perhaps historical interest in the Battle of the Somme.
I’ve just noticed that there’s a unique event happening this coming Friday afternoon in Aldridge at the Manor House, marking this fine building’s unique history as a military hospital.
Continuing the burst of Christmas events (Where the devil did Christmas come from all of a sudden?) there’s a wonderful Christmas Tree Festival at Aldridge Methodist Church running today (Saturday 5th December 2015) right up until 7pm tonight, and from 12-4pm tomorrow – and there’s a fine historical twist, too.