Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 10th - I continued from Chasewater up around Engine... December 13, 2017
- December 10th - They say things come to those who wait, and... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield has a little secret that I’d love to... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield Food Festival was huge, and very busy.... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - I was looking forward to a snowy ride out to a... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - As I approached the supermarket at Burntwood,... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - The forecast had been for heavy snow during the... December 13, 2017
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
- December 5th - A very dark, grey and overcast day without... December 6, 2017
- December 5th - In Telford again, and the work on the footbridge... December 6, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Police issue statement on incident at Northgate, Aldridge this morning
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- The 'Crucifixion' incident in Walsall Wood - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Ooh - it's snowing! Walsall Schools closure list...
- Parents warned after incident in Aldridge
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 4,898,837 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: 60’s
The post here last Sunday discussing the Newtown area of Brownhills certainly created some interest and raised a few more memories and discussions – and one particular aspect caught the eye of reader and long term friend of the blog Tony Winn.
I have here an excellent enquiry for a Sunday afternoon which I feel many readers will be very, very interested in – not least Andy Dennis, if he’s passing, but maybe others concerned with the Newtown area on the Watling Street, which has been the subject of so many past articles here on the blog.
A lovely bit of ephemera relating to Deakins’ Central Stores and Jonah Deakin has been sent in by the wonderfully generous Gillian Gaiser, who donated her wonderful writing about the Deakin family to the blog, published last weekend.
I’ve had a bunch of film clips for a while, which were recorded in short sections and obtained by the young David Evans from Barbara, the daughter of Fred Shingler who ran the Park View Methodist Chapel, which used to be on the Watling Street, just on the corner of Chapel Avenue.
I’ve been contacted by David Evans, with the following request – I’d really like to name the submitter as it could help greatly with the identification of folk on the photo, but I’m not sure if I can – It looks early sixties to me, maybe Ogley Hay, anyone recognise themselves or any other kids?