Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 15th - What an awful day.I battled into Walsall against... February 15, 2018
- February 13th - I wore out a set of front brake pads, and still... February 14, 2018
- February 13th - A horrid, windy, wet day and nipping out in the... February 14, 2018
- February 12th - Also in Kings Hill Park, this plant flowering in... February 13, 2018
- February 12th - The miniature daffodils in Kings Hill Park are... February 13, 2018
- February 11th - Near Middleton and Drayton Basset, a Western... February 12, 2018
- February 11th - Finally, a decent ride out. But not without... February 12, 2018
- February 10th - I’m liking the look of the houses going up on... February 12, 2018
- February 10th - An evening spin out turned out to be warmer than... February 12, 2018
- February 9th - I was in town past six, in the early darkness,... February 12, 2018
- February 8th - Passing through Walsall and running some errands,... February 12, 2018
- February 8th - I’ve not ridden through Little Aston Forge for... February 9, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- In the swim
- Ahead of the curve
- A very special Day for Mylee - today!
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- Warning: Attempted break in to occupied house in High Heath
- A Saint Jimmy riddle...
- A very special Day for Mylee - this Sunday!
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- Diamonds and dust
- 5,081,818 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: Chase
I’m always happy to see new attractions at Chasewater Railway, so I was pleased to note the carriage on Platform One now has a new business within, the Chase Vintage Carriage operated by Charley Hughes, and it’s currently open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am until 4pm.
You’ll remember a few days ago I cautioned local folk – especially dog walkers – to beware of the deer at the moment as the rut was getting underway, and they’d be a whole lot less tolerant as the hormones did their thing – well, I wasn’t wrong – as the video here shows, deer romance is well underway at Chasewater, with remarkable footage captured today by deer expert Jochen Langbein.
I’ve just noticed via Facebook that there’s a showing of a unique Burntwood Wakes archive film at St. Anne’s Church, Chasetown this afternoon (Saturday, 25th July 2015); showings start every 20 minutes from 1pm until 4pm – it’s free.
Continue reading →
There’s an interesting, fun-looking event taking place this Sunday (25th May 2014) at Chase Watersports Centre, at Chasewater – it’s a twelve hour continuous waterski event in aid of the Stephen’s Story appeal for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Just before Christmas, I got hold of a new bike cam. It’s a GoPro HD Hero black edition, which has some pretty nifty features, including less distortion from the lens and better performance in low light. I’ve been using it ever since I got it, but the weather and dull commutes haven’t been conducive to decent ride videos.
Continue reading →