Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 20th - And in the green heaven of Kings Hill Park, where... October 21, 2017
- October 20th - In to work early, and on a morning of patchy rain... October 21, 2017
- October 19th - A day marked by a ludicrously early start and... October 20, 2017
- October 18th - And here’s the problem. The clocks haven’t gone... October 19, 2017
- October 18th - A week or so, I posted a video ‘Welcome to the... October 19, 2017
- October 17th - Well, if the day before had gone unexpectedly... October 18, 2017
- October 17th - My deer magnet hasn’t been great lately, so... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - With the sun more or less returned to normal and... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - An very strange weather day. We were expecting... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - Sometimes, all you want to do is tear up the... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - And then came a new day, and a restorative, happy... October 18, 2017
- October 14th - A terrible, awful down day marked by frustration,... October 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- High above the boats below...
- Lamping it
- Emily's Coffee House and Grill - a great business in Brownhills with a great festive offer!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Details of Walsall Council's park bonfire events for 2017
- Macmillan coffee morning on now in Brownhills!
- 4,752,552 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Chase
You’ll remember a few days ago I cautioned local folk – especially dog walkers – to beware of the deer at the moment as the rut was getting underway, and they’d be a whole lot less tolerant as the hormones did their thing – well, I wasn’t wrong – as the video here shows, deer romance is well underway at Chasewater, with remarkable footage captured today by deer expert Jochen Langbein.
I’ve just noticed via Facebook that there’s a showing of a unique Burntwood Wakes archive film at St. Anne’s Church, Chasetown this afternoon (Saturday, 25th July 2015); showings start every 20 minutes from 1pm until 4pm – it’s free.
Continue reading →
There’s an interesting, fun-looking event taking place this Sunday (25th May 2014) at Chase Watersports Centre, at Chasewater – it’s a twelve hour continuous waterski event in aid of the Stephen’s Story appeal for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Just before Christmas, I got hold of a new bike cam. It’s a GoPro HD Hero black edition, which has some pretty nifty features, including less distortion from the lens and better performance in low light. I’ve been using it ever since I got it, but the weather and dull commutes haven’t been conducive to decent ride videos.
Continue reading →