Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 21st - Another high summer day, the longest as it happens,... June 22, 2017
- June 20th - This old chap is someone I’m very pleased to see,... June 21, 2017
- June 20th - A day of errands in the Black Country and plenty of... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - Returning from work I noted the Catshill Canada... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - I met this skinny, lithe young cat in north Walsall,... June 21, 2017
- June 18th - Another fine, high summer day and this time I headed... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - From Amerton, I went for a long afternoon and... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - A ride out to Amerton Farm, the craft centre just... June 21, 2017
- June 16th - This poor, out of focus photo shows something I was... June 17, 2017
- June 16th - Summer is finally on her throne, and how glorious... June 17, 2017
- June 15th As I cycled home up the Scarborough Road in Pleck, I... June 16, 2017
- June 15th - I heard about the local poppy field on Facebook, and... June 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Tragedy at local lake as boy drowns
- Incidents last night in Brownhills...
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade: An important appeal
- Mere vandalism
- Ryders Mere fishery plan withdrawn
- Culvert investigations
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Drama as two cars collide on Pelsall Road, Brownhills last night
- Hot spell causes bloom of blue-green algae at Chasewater
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- 4,364,782 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Chase
You’ll remember a few days ago I cautioned local folk – especially dog walkers – to beware of the deer at the moment as the rut was getting underway, and they’d be a whole lot less tolerant as the hormones did their thing – well, I wasn’t wrong – as the video here shows, deer romance is well underway at Chasewater, with remarkable footage captured today by deer expert Jochen Langbein.
I’ve just noticed via Facebook that there’s a showing of a unique Burntwood Wakes archive film at St. Anne’s Church, Chasetown this afternoon (Saturday, 25th July 2015); showings start every 20 minutes from 1pm until 4pm – it’s free.
Continue reading →
There’s an interesting, fun-looking event taking place this Sunday (25th May 2014) at Chase Watersports Centre, at Chasewater – it’s a twelve hour continuous waterski event in aid of the Stephen’s Story appeal for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Just before Christmas, I got hold of a new bike cam. It’s a GoPro HD Hero black edition, which has some pretty nifty features, including less distortion from the lens and better performance in low light. I’ve been using it ever since I got it, but the weather and dull commutes haven’t been conducive to decent ride videos.
Continue reading →