Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 22nd - Also coming out better than expected was... September 22, 2016
- ISeptember 22nd - It was a pleasant but slightly chilly evening... September 22, 2016
- September 21st - I’d had to nip to Birmingham late, and came... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - It was so beautiful on the way home that I... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - Spotted in a customer’s cycle shed, two bikes... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Freewheeling down Shire Oak Hill into... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Yet another abundance this year of bright... September 22, 2016
- September 18th - I have no idea about this, as I’m no... September 19, 2016
- September 18th - Ah, the season of the conker.Every year, I... September 19, 2016
- September 17th - The sunset was gorgeous at Chasewater, the calm... September 18, 2016
- September 17th - A bad day in lots of ways, but a sunset ride to... September 18, 2016
- September 16th - On the way through Wednesfield, I met their... September 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills School warns parents to be vigilant following reports of children being approached locally
- What's the storey?
- Wise Council
- Fancy taking the Lichfield Towpath Trail For Charity this weekend?
- You can help shape the future of community facilities in Clayhanger!
- The class of 62
- Can you help reunite these sisters?
- Things that went bump in the night
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Walsall Wood FC at home to Pegasus Juniors this afternoon!
- 3,515,310 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @DaveThroupEA: My obsession with our local rivers ain't new! 1970's Wye at Mordiford & Teme at Powick #WorldRiversDay https://t.co/H0StP… 30 minutes ago
- On this afternoon >> Fancy taking the Lichfield Towpath Trail For Charity this weekend? brownhillsbob.com/2016/09/23/fan… via @brownhillsbob 32 minutes ago
- What's the storey? brownhillsbob.com/2016/09/24/wha… via @brownhillsbob 32 minutes ago
- RT @BhillsCommoner: Sp91: White dead nettle Young leaves in salad Known by some as bee nettle Nectar pollen rich https://t.co/sHSF9YO1GH 1 hour ago
- RT @StevieH1978: Anyone know any decent #gardeners or #landscapers in #walsallwood #brownhills area? 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: pleasure park
I’ve had a great email from reader Stuart Cowley, about growing up and spending summers helping his family out at the cafe in Chasewater in the 1960s. It’s a really touching, well-written piece. I remember the Chasewater of the 70s, when it was running down, but at it’s height it seems to have been a real leisure attraction.