- March 19th - Things that happen when you’re not... March 20, 2018
- March 19th - The thaw was thankfully quick, and the day felt... March 20, 2018
- March 18th - I thought Saturday had been grim. I had no idea... March 20, 2018
- March 17th - Coming back to Brownhills down The Parade, the snow... March 20, 2018
- March 17th - I’ll be honest here, I can only fit ten pictures in... March 20, 2018
- March 17t - Up at Chasewater on a bitterly cold late March... March 20, 2018
- March 16th - There may be a return to winter forecast for the... March 17, 2018
- March 16th - I had to nip up to Burntwood after an early return... March 17, 2018
- March 15th - I was on the canal near the new pool at Clayhanger... March 16, 2018
- March 15th - Spring is in residence at Kings Hill Park,... March 16, 2018
- March 14th - Returning home after a long day as dusk fell, I’d... March 15, 2018
- March 13th - I know I featured this the other day, but it is a... March 14, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Doctor Fell
- The Portman Collection - part two: On form
- Blooming marvellous
- That old chestnut...
- February 1992 - Tenants fed up of being fobbed off
- The wanderer returns with postcards from near and far
- 'You could buy anything at all here...'
- The Staffordshire Hilton: There's the Trub
- Demolition, man
- Fault finding
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
269863 TracksHandguns & Firearms
8 hoursAnd Begin
9 hoursTrouble Child
9 hoursRaised on Robbery
9 hoursJust Like This Train
9 hoursDown to You
9 hoursCar on a Hill
9 hoursSame Situation
9 hoursPeople's Parties
- 5,155,552 hits
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Tag Archives: fun day
Here’s a quick one I’ve just noticed going on right now (Saturday afternoon, 24th February 2018) at Walsall Wood FC’s Oak Park ground – a fun day in support of the Teddiesmile appeal.
It’s that time of year again, and I welcome news of Christmas Fairs, tree festivals and festive events of all kinds to share with readers – first up there are three great Christmas events in Aldridge this weekend, with the three-day Christmas Tree Festival kicking off at 11am this morning.
Continue reading →
Sunday 17th July 2016 sees the last ever Rosie’s Charity Walk in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity -I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and out of tragedy, this event has raised a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from heartbreak.
Here’s great event kicking off in Walsall Arboretum tomorrow, (Saturday 9th July 2016) with activities and music running from 12 noon until 8pm – loads of free nature and wildlife stuff to do for all the family – including birds of prey, craft demos, woodland wildlife garden, plant sales, real ale and ciders – and much more.
Here’s a very late one just in courtesy of Linda Mason: Rosie’s There’s a Christmas Gif Fair on today in Aldridge, in aid of Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity – It takes place from 11pm to 4pm at Aldridge Compass Suites.
Knaves Court, the elderly person’s housing complex in Brownhills near Anchor Bridge, are holding an open day and fete this Thursday, 27th August 2015, and everyone is welcome to attend.
[caption id="attachment_2792" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Bold, colourful design. Bright and airy, even on this wet day.[/caption] Continue reading →
Here’s great event just kicking off in Walsall Arboretum right now (Sunday 16th August 2015) running until 5pm – loads of free nature and wildlife stuff to do for all the family, including the truly remarkable activity of chainsaw sculpting.