Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 6th - And there you go; if you don’t like the weather... December 7, 2016
- December 6th - Still cold, and again, a foggy, treacherous ride:... December 7, 2016
- December 5th - A horrid day to ride, and even worse for taking... December 7, 2016
- December 5th - I had to go to Telford, and on the way I bought a... December 7, 2016
- December 4th - The Chase was beautiful and deserted, and from... December 7, 2016
- December 4th - A bitterly cold day, but it was sunny and bright... December 7, 2016
- December 3rd - Another great Christmas tree - always one of my... December 5, 2016
- December 3rd - A bit of a down day, really - although the... December 5, 2016
- December 2nd - I finally got the effect I was after at... December 5, 2016
- December 2nd - Christmas is inescapable now; everywhere there... December 5, 2016
- December 1st - The long-closed Shire Oak Pub at the crossroads... December 5, 2016
- December 1st - Unusual to see cats about more than fleetingly in... December 5, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Help the Glebe Centre support the homeless - Donations needed this Saturday please!
- Brownhills Christmas Market Magic 2016 - coming this Saturday!
- Yorkshire Terrier found in Shire Oak Park - let's get her home!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Our Village - a great new local history book for Aldridge - out now and selling fast!
- Appeal made for household items in aid of couple affected by Wyre Close fire
- Taking up the slack
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Brownhills real ale and cider festival 2015
- Badger baiting taking place locally as wounded dog found in Brownhills
- 3,762,301 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Grincheux: @YehudaMoon my minivan bike, works also for touring, racing, groceries, kids, commute 😉 #IamYehudaMoon https://t.co/FrHAzPFA… 10 minutes ago
- RT @WMidsAlerts: Email scam - Police across the UK do NOT send such notices by email. Do not click links. #Warning #Scam https://t.co/2asyk… 10 minutes ago
- RT @DMReporter: YOUR COMMENTS: Reader ‘Fully Charged’ is in for a fucking shock. https://t.co/aLbFLIk8dx 15 minutes ago
- RT @peterwalker99: Some of the coverage of Brexit is becoming increasingly House Un-American Activities Committee-ish. https://t.co/bz1coZN… 22 minutes ago
- RT @AdamBienkov: "The public were fully informed” about what Brexit meant before voting, says Michael Gove. https://t.co/gViA0FQP1y 26 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: cuts
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
As a result of the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and sale of the Manor House by Walsall Council, local activist Paul Sharpe has got his thinking cap on, and is appealing for help from anyone who might be able to help him set up an alternative club.
I note that Walsall Council have a scrutiny meeting this evening on the vexed matter of the Integrated Young People’s Support Service – that’s pretty much anything the council provides for kids and young people, including youth justice, targeted support, youth centres, the Education Business Partnership and parent partnership services.
Continue reading →
Following my post in the early hours of this morning in which reader Holly Jones asked me to warn Brownhills folk and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam, West Midlands Police have issusued the following statement…
Brownhills resident Holly Jones has been in touch on Twitter to ask me to warn Brownhills folk, and appeal for information following the very unpleasant mugging of her partner Sam last Friday, 30th May 2014.
Continue reading →
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
Continue reading →
The saga of Aldridge Manor and the winding down of youth services in Walsall is still rumbling on, and the issue is still being pursued by doughty campaigner Linda Mason – in a post on her blog a few days ago Lind detailed a recent letter she has received from Walsall Council which appears to be in almost total denial of the facts.