Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
- April 26th - It’s nice to see Scarborough Road in the Walsall... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Despite the very poor weather, on Clayhanger... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Awful commuting weather. On the way to work in the... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - A 45 miler over to Walton on Trent and back through... April 25, 2016
- April 24th - At Chasewater, life halts briefly while the four... April 25, 2016
- April 23rd - I popped out late afternoon - it was very cold with... April 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- Up around the bend
- Aldridge Manor Youth Club restarts in a new home this coming Tuesday!
- August 1993 - It's question time?
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Saturday!
- Police appeal: please help find Ruth Anne Smith
- Can you help record the history of Harpers Buses?
- The Anchor is open for business! Join them for a disco tonight
- Great live music at The Chase Inn this evening!
- 3,168,667 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- 'Share that! Just look at COLOURS! It's like that painting on grandma's landing.' https://t.co/9Vv223bgph 9 minutes ago
- 'We don't know what these floweres in the ditch are. But they're PRETTY and LITTLE like all the best things' https://t.co/PjGjXnY4n0 31 minutes ago
- But baconz are making everything OK https://t.co/GPxos60BFD 1 hour ago
- Trouble is they DO KNOW BEST and it's a real bind. 1 hour ago
- Mainly why are mum's, grandmas and aunties so strict about stuff? 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 2, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Clayhanger
I’ve had a large number of queries today about bin collections for Good Friday and the Easter Weekend (Friday 25th March, Monday 28th March 2016) – collection services in Walsall Borough are operating normally as they doe for every Bank Holiday except the three over Christmas.
There was a great letter last week in the Walsall Advertiser from friend of the blog and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer, who’s a noted local author and community activist – Brian is concerned, like most of the people in Brownhills – with he fate of the former South Staffordshire Railway Line through Brownhills.
Just a note to interested readers that on the wonderful Madwblog, there’s a great write-up and gallery of images of the Clayhanger Spring Clean that took place this morning (Saturday 19th March 2016) in the village, where some excellent community-mined folk came together to do a litter pick and show their village some love.
The ongoing local rash of break-ins, burglary and thefts sadly continues – in the past couple of days a local lad’s motorbike has been stolen from Pelsall and there’s been an attempted garage break-in Bridge Street, Clayhanger – so please be vigilant.
Please be on the lookout for this somewhat distinctive BMW 520d Estate car (registration C20COP) which was stolen from Wych Elm Road, Clayhanger last night (7-8th March 2016) following a house break-in.
As Councillor Steve Wade is helpfully reporting, if you’re concerned about the issues surrounding traveller encampment and other ASB at Northfields Way in Clayhanger, there’s a consultation drop-in session tonight (Monday, 7th March 2016) open to all at Clayhanger Methodist Church, Clayhanger Lane, from 5:30-7:30pm.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the newly-formed Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at Clayhanger Community Centre, in Church Street, Clayhanger, this evening (Tuesday 2nd March 2016) from 7:30pm.