Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 16th - Another delight of the season, that frustratingly... August 16, 2017
- August 16th - Riding to work down Green Lane, Shelfield on a... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I spun up The Parade and over to Burntwood on the... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I had to nip out on an errand at sunset. The day... August 16, 2017
- August 14th - Sorry, after this I promise no morale oak wasp... August 15, 2017
- August 14th - Another tree I keep an eye on is the odd pear tree... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - More oak wasp galls, which I’ve gone all out to... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - I left near lunchtime for a hopefully long, sunny... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - One local treat I look forward to in late summer... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - An run out after a busy day saw me investigating a... August 15, 2017
- August 11th - Not far from Shenstone near Footherley, wheat and... August 12, 2017
- August 11th - I had to pop to Shenstone on an errand on my way... August 12, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Bogus workmen detained by Aldridge police after tipoff from vigilant bank staff
- It's all going on at Brownhills Activity Centre July-September 2017!
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering coming soon!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- A Sandfields staff photo - Can you help identify the people in it?
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- Hours and minutes
- Who was in this choir, where was it and when?
- Work starts at Shire Oak Junction today lasting until Spring: be prepared
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- 4,544,807 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: The Memo
Dawn Hayton from The Memo in Lichfield Road, Brownhills (That’s the Memorial Hall for the uninitiated) has been in touch to tell me that there’s a great pop gig on there this Saturday, 20th May 2017 featuring local five-piece covers band The Fazys.
Continue reading →
A mystery is sparked by the redoubtable old friend of the blog Reg ‘Are Reg’ Fullelove, whoo’s been again chatting to David Evans and supplied another wonderful tranche of material for the blog.
This just in from top Brownhills rozzer PC Simon Bytheway – two dogs have been spotted roaming loose in Lichfield Road, Brownhills up by the Memo – one is a German Shepherd and the other a black Labrador…
rownhills, it’s sometimes hard to believe, has a great history of clubs, societies and recreation, particularly in the early part of the last century – we’ve looked here before at sports days, musical clubs and festivals, amateur dramatics and other pastimes, many of which couldn’t have occurred without the great facility that is Brownhills Memorial Hall.
Continue reading →
Brownhills Townswomen Guild cordially invite you to join them on their Charity Baking Demonstration at Brownhills Memorial Hall…. On the 22nd of September 2011, baker extraordinaire Ruth Clemens, also known as The Pink Whisk, will demonstrate how to bake the … Continue reading →
Here’s one for the Central School chaps to ponder over, and may also be of interest to the folks at Brownhills Memorial Hall. Thanks to [Howmuch?] for the spot.
This week, I had every intention of publicising a great event happening at Brownhills Memorial Hall on Friday, 19th February, as follows: Did you see us in the Express and Star again? It’s all about The Hubcaps! Tickets on sale … Continue reading →