Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 23rd - I had to nip to the Holford industrial estate in... June 24, 2017
- June 23rd - Always nice to see the bindweed in flower. Another... June 24, 2017
- June 22nd - Two poor pictures, but ones I just had to share, as... June 23, 2017
- June 22nd - More cats, sorry, but I just loved these pair, again... June 23, 2017
- June 21st - Another high summer day, the longest as it happens,... June 22, 2017
- June 20th - This old chap is someone I’m very pleased to see,... June 21, 2017
- June 20th - A day of errands in the Black Country and plenty of... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - Returning from work I noted the Catshill Canada... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - I met this skinny, lithe young cat in north Walsall,... June 21, 2017
- June 18th - Another fine, high summer day and this time I headed... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - From Amerton, I went for a long afternoon and... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - A ride out to Amerton Farm, the craft centre just... June 21, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Police launch murder investigation following Aldridge stabbing
- A tug of war, a railway themed restaurant and a Victorian day - great memories from the Clayhanger Kid
- Gearing up for the new season at Walsall Wood FC!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- High above the boats below...
- 2017 Aldridge Fayre - on today!
- Parents warned after incident in Aldridge
- Incidents last night in Brownhills...
- Come to Clayhanger Summer Fair now!
- Memories of the Station Hotel: A great couple of hours with lovely people
- 4,373,607 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: The Memo
Dawn Hayton from The Memo in Lichfield Road, Brownhills (That’s the Memorial Hall for the uninitiated) has been in touch to tell me that there’s a great pop gig on there this Saturday, 20th May 2017 featuring local five-piece covers band The Fazys.
Continue reading →
A mystery is sparked by the redoubtable old friend of the blog Reg ‘Are Reg’ Fullelove, whoo’s been again chatting to David Evans and supplied another wonderful tranche of material for the blog.
This just in from top Brownhills rozzer PC Simon Bytheway – two dogs have been spotted roaming loose in Lichfield Road, Brownhills up by the Memo – one is a German Shepherd and the other a black Labrador…
rownhills, it’s sometimes hard to believe, has a great history of clubs, societies and recreation, particularly in the early part of the last century – we’ve looked here before at sports days, musical clubs and festivals, amateur dramatics and other pastimes, many of which couldn’t have occurred without the great facility that is Brownhills Memorial Hall.
Continue reading →
Brownhills Townswomen Guild cordially invite you to join them on their Charity Baking Demonstration at Brownhills Memorial Hall…. On the 22nd of September 2011, baker extraordinaire Ruth Clemens, also known as The Pink Whisk, will demonstrate how to bake the … Continue reading →
Here’s one for the Central School chaps to ponder over, and may also be of interest to the folks at Brownhills Memorial Hall. Thanks to [Howmuch?] for the spot.
This week, I had every intention of publicising a great event happening at Brownhills Memorial Hall on Friday, 19th February, as follows: Did you see us in the Express and Star again? It’s all about The Hubcaps! Tickets on sale … Continue reading →