Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
- December 5th - A very dark, grey and overcast day without... December 6, 2017
- December 5th - In Telford again, and the work on the footbridge... December 6, 2017
- December 4th - Although it suddenly got warmer over the weekend,... December 5, 2017
- December 3rd - A quick, snatched photo taken while on an errand... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - The Drunken Duck in Walsall Wood High Street is a... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - Again passing through the Wood, this time to... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - Visiting Walsall Wood on an errand on my way... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - It was still very cold on Friday evening, and... December 4, 2017
- November 30th - Heading home that evening I hit the canal at the... December 4, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Ilkeston put the freeze on Walsall Wood
- Ooh - it's snowing! Walsall Schools closure list...
- Stourport swiftly dominate Wood as Wolves grab a sporting chance
- All white now
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- School's out… or is it?
- 4,896,476 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: The Memo
I’ve been contacted by some very worried users of the Memorial Hall or ‘Memo’ in Lichfield Road, Brownhills who are very concerned about recent developments there.
Continue reading →
Dawn Hayton from The Memo in Lichfield Road, Brownhills (That’s the Memorial Hall for the uninitiated) has been in touch to tell me that there’s a great pop gig on there this Saturday, 20th May 2017 featuring local five-piece covers band The Fazys.
Continue reading →
A mystery is sparked by the redoubtable old friend of the blog Reg ‘Are Reg’ Fullelove, whoo’s been again chatting to David Evans and supplied another wonderful tranche of material for the blog.
This just in from top Brownhills rozzer PC Simon Bytheway – two dogs have been spotted roaming loose in Lichfield Road, Brownhills up by the Memo – one is a German Shepherd and the other a black Labrador…
rownhills, it’s sometimes hard to believe, has a great history of clubs, societies and recreation, particularly in the early part of the last century – we’ve looked here before at sports days, musical clubs and festivals, amateur dramatics and other pastimes, many of which couldn’t have occurred without the great facility that is Brownhills Memorial Hall.
Continue reading →
Brownhills Townswomen Guild cordially invite you to join them on their Charity Baking Demonstration at Brownhills Memorial Hall…. On the 22nd of September 2011, baker extraordinaire Ruth Clemens, also known as The Pink Whisk, will demonstrate how to bake the … Continue reading →
Here’s one for the Central School chaps to ponder over, and may also be of interest to the folks at Brownhills Memorial Hall. Thanks to [Howmuch?] for the spot.