Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 23rd - I’m glad to say the sun and warm weather over the... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - With warmer weather, during the warm hours, the urban... May 23, 2017
- May 22nd - A long time since I featured Jockey Meadows here -... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - Spotted in Walsall late this afternoon, parked up... May 23, 2017
- May 21st - Also out in abundance was the sallow, which is... May 22, 2017
- May 21st - A much nicer day with warm sun and gentle southerly... May 22, 2017
- May 20th - I popped out for a short run on shopping errands to... May 21, 2017
- May 19th - Much of the journey was an errand in Digbeth. I... May 20, 2017
- May 19th - A gentle afternoon amble into Birmingham along the... May 20, 2017
- May 18th - Another beautiful blossom that’s rarely looked at... May 19, 2017
- May18th - Arriving at work today on a sunny, bright but nippy... May 19, 2017
- May 17th - The rowan is blossoming at the moment, and I always... May 17, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent - Millie the dog stolen from Brownhills West - can you help?
- The Metz office?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- New Hall Mill open day this Bank Holiday Monday - could you be a Friend of the Mill?
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- The Portman Collection - part ten: The appliance of science
- Non stop collision in Walsall Wood: Police appeal for help
- Claridges - a great local company, but do you remember Percy?
- Theme for a meme...
- 4,281,185 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: The Memo
Dawn Hayton from The Memo in Lichfield Road, Brownhills (That’s the Memorial Hall for the uninitiated) has been in touch to tell me that there’s a great pop gig on there this Saturday, 20th May 2017 featuring local five-piece covers band The Fazys.
Continue reading →
A mystery is sparked by the redoubtable old friend of the blog Reg ‘Are Reg’ Fullelove, whoo’s been again chatting to David Evans and supplied another wonderful tranche of material for the blog.
This just in from top Brownhills rozzer PC Simon Bytheway – two dogs have been spotted roaming loose in Lichfield Road, Brownhills up by the Memo – one is a German Shepherd and the other a black Labrador…
rownhills, it’s sometimes hard to believe, has a great history of clubs, societies and recreation, particularly in the early part of the last century – we’ve looked here before at sports days, musical clubs and festivals, amateur dramatics and other pastimes, many of which couldn’t have occurred without the great facility that is Brownhills Memorial Hall.
Continue reading →
Brownhills Townswomen Guild cordially invite you to join them on their Charity Baking Demonstration at Brownhills Memorial Hall…. On the 22nd of September 2011, baker extraordinaire Ruth Clemens, also known as The Pink Whisk, will demonstrate how to bake the … Continue reading →
Here’s one for the Central School chaps to ponder over, and may also be of interest to the folks at Brownhills Memorial Hall. Thanks to [Howmuch?] for the spot.
This week, I had every intention of publicising a great event happening at Brownhills Memorial Hall on Friday, 19th February, as follows: Did you see us in the Express and Star again? It’s all about The Hubcaps! Tickets on sale … Continue reading →