Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 28th - Inexorably sliding now from the flowering to the... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Cockfest 2016 on this weekend!
- Local kids fight to raise disability awareness
- Funeral details for Roger Mosedale announced - and more of Roger's music emerges
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Lamping it!
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Cockfest starts today!
- Chasewater Countryside Events and Guided Walks 2016 - details available here
- 3,381,199 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @BhillsCommoner: @BrownhillsBob On the subject of dialect have you heard "gommerking" and "chombling" (soundex) w/o the "g" - they may b… 2 hours ago
- RT @PukkahPunjabi: Jeremy Corbyn killed Harambe and Eoin Clarke has the evidence to prove it but The Canary are covering it up because of A… 2 hours ago
- RT @sabcatprinting: Because kids from poor families don't have a shit enough time as it is... huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/lunch-is… 2 hours ago
- RT @sacredwench: Healthy moth population, five floors up. No idea of species id. but various bob owlers, small, medium & large drawn in by… 2 hours ago
- RT @stevebct: A fantastic evening, thanks Brownhills Activity Centre, @flatpack, Paul Shawcross, @CreativeBCuk @bct_us https://t.co/dQ3AQ5k… 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: The Clayhanger Kid
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of a local football team and is desperately trying to identify the unknown chap (who is, I believe centre front row).
Last week I noted that the wonderful Brian Stringer had a new book out about his times being involved with community football with local teams Clayhanger Colts Under 12s and Walsall Wood FC.
It’s always nice to see local folk writing about local history, their lives and experiences and their view of the world – and one of the best locally is community activist Brian Stringer, who wrote to me yesterday to tell me he has a new book for sale chronicling his involvement with local community football.
I received a message today from friend of the blog and top local campaigner Brian Stringer, author of the best-selling (and now sold out) book The Clayhanger Kid – Brian is in a bit of a pickle – he’s still got people asking for copies of his first book, but sadly, he has none left.
Continue reading →
If you’re in Brownhills on Saturday, it would be an excellent opportunity to purchase a signed copy of Brian Stringer’s excellent ‘Clayhanger Kid Two: The Teenage Years’, the sequel to his very successful first ‘Clayhanger Kid’ book.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I had a message a few days ago from The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer. He’s involved with a new community liaison project going on at Holland Park Surgery, the medical practice operating from The Parkview Centre in Brownhills. Hi … Continue reading →