Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
- May 20th - Last week, at the floating market, I moaned to my old... May 21, 2016
- May 20th - I’d had enough. The week had been tough and I needed... May 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Resurfacing of A5 Watling Street - warning of road closures
- Anyone lost a cat in Shire Oak?
- Please help Brownhills bloom this summer!
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - May 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- New Hall Mill open next Bank Holiday Monday!
- Brownhills in black and white
- Towering achievements
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Up and under
- 3,226,305 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Hey, Brownhills and Pelsall folk - it's bin day tomorrow! rose_maria - you too! 17 minutes ago
- RT @83f36a08cbbc4a9: Rig moved out piling finished movin on castings brownhills https://t.co/EtqcjRoH5N 27 minutes ago
- Hey, Brownhills and Pelsall people: it's put the bin out time... that means you, too Rose_maria 1 hour ago
- RT @WalsallLibrary: #Brownhills Library 10th birthday celebrations, Sat 11 June. Come & celebrate with staff and customers.#walsall https:/… 2 hours ago
- RT @abeblakeway: #ThrowbackThursday Lorry in Wolves admits causing damage to railings. https://t.co/xcuH9I5yo5 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: The Clayhanger Kid
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of a local football team and is desperately trying to identify the unknown chap (who is, I believe centre front row).
Last week I noted that the wonderful Brian Stringer had a new book out about his times being involved with community football with local teams Clayhanger Colts Under 12s and Walsall Wood FC.
It’s always nice to see local folk writing about local history, their lives and experiences and their view of the world – and one of the best locally is community activist Brian Stringer, who wrote to me yesterday to tell me he has a new book for sale chronicling his involvement with local community football.
I received a message today from friend of the blog and top local campaigner Brian Stringer, author of the best-selling (and now sold out) book The Clayhanger Kid – Brian is in a bit of a pickle – he’s still got people asking for copies of his first book, but sadly, he has none left.
Continue reading →
If you’re in Brownhills on Saturday, it would be an excellent opportunity to purchase a signed copy of Brian Stringer’s excellent ‘Clayhanger Kid Two: The Teenage Years’, the sequel to his very successful first ‘Clayhanger Kid’ book.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I had a message a few days ago from The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer. He’s involved with a new community liaison project going on at Holland Park Surgery, the medical practice operating from The Parkview Centre in Brownhills. Hi … Continue reading →