Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 28th - I’m seeing lots of these berries in patches of... September 28, 2016
- September 28th - Although not as dramatic, the following sunrise... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - It was clear when I left work that there was... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - I was lucky to spot this Japanese parasol... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - There’s still a bountiful crop of elderberries... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - On my way home in the road in the backstreets... September 28, 2016
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Heading for Chasewater from Brownhills along... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - At Calton, high in the Weaver Hills, I was... September 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- A lost line
- Deer water chase at Chasewater...
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - September 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Fired up
- February 1995 - ￼Brownhills Loo-sing Out Again
- Green grew the rushes
- The class of 62
- An unusually clear view
- Your chance to catch a local legend - this Wednesday afternoon!
- A Walsall Wood Gentleman and Victorian Serviceman
- 3,524,118 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @abeblakeway: expressandstar.com/news/local-new… 2 hours ago
- RT @abeblakeway: inteltrain.com/wolverhampton-… 2 hours ago
- RT @JoLangb: Thanks so much @BrownhillsBob for featuring my 'deer casing through water' footage in this latest #Brownhills deer blog. https… 3 hours ago
- Thanks to @jolangb - remarkable deer footage at Chasewater. Mr. Loverman is in the water... brownhillsbob.com/2016/09/28/dee… 3 hours ago
- RT @AHappierDay: They'll never see me! https://t.co/s7AqDJmrMF 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Chasewater
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm on Monday 12th September 2016 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Reader Paul Evans has been in touch with a bit of an odd one: he found the above bag on the street last Saturday, just by National Tyre in Ogley Road/Chase Road, Brownhills – just at Co-op Corner.
Last week here I featured a film clip made be photo restorer and friend of the blog Lisa Ashby, celebrating Brownhills and the Black Country – Well, Lisa’s been at it again, and made a lovely clip about The Burntwood Bluebirds, the award-winning marching band from Burntwood.
That there Lucy Wood from the Saxon Hill Craft Barn shop at Chasewater Innovation Centre has written to let me know that they’re currently seeking businesses that may have waste materials they’d be able to supply to the project instead of throwing away, thus reducing refuse bills for the businesses concerned.
Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a local preserved industrial railway is this Sunday (7th August 2016) staging it’s annual Charities Day, when the railway will be operating with steam trains, and there will be charity stalls and activities at Brownhills West Station.
A quick one from the Chasewater page on Facebook – this lovely Donkey cuddly toy was found at Chasewater Railway, near the cafe yesterday by Debi Taylor.
Continue reading →