Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 21st - Another high summer day, the longest as it happens,... June 22, 2017
- June 20th - This old chap is someone I’m very pleased to see,... June 21, 2017
- June 20th - A day of errands in the Black Country and plenty of... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - Returning from work I noted the Catshill Canada... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - I met this skinny, lithe young cat in north Walsall,... June 21, 2017
- June 18th - Another fine, high summer day and this time I headed... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - From Amerton, I went for a long afternoon and... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - A ride out to Amerton Farm, the craft centre just... June 21, 2017
- June 16th - This poor, out of focus photo shows something I was... June 17, 2017
- June 16th - Summer is finally on her throne, and how glorious... June 17, 2017
- June 15th As I cycled home up the Scarborough Road in Pleck, I... June 16, 2017
- June 15th - I heard about the local poppy field on Facebook, and... June 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Tragedy at local lake as boy drowns
- Incidents last night in Brownhills...
- Mere vandalism
- Ryders Mere fishery plan withdrawn
- Culvert investigations
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade: An important appeal
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Drama as two cars collide on Pelsall Road, Brownhills last night
- Hot spell causes bloom of blue-green algae at Chasewater
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- 4,363,965 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Chasewater
There’s a very interesting meeting taking place at 7:30pm Monday, 22nd May 2017 – that of Brownhills Neighbourhood Watch (but is open to anyone interested in local crime issues).
2 Continue reading →
An appeal reaches me via Facebook from Pool House Veterinary Hospital – rather delightful female German Shepherd was found in Pelsall Road, Brownhills near the Swan pub last night (Sunday 30th April 2017) and it would be nice if we could reunite this lovely dog with her owners.
That there Lucy Wood from the Saxon Hill Craft Barn shop at Chasewater Innovation Centre has written to let me know that they’re holding a free Community Doodle Workshop this Saturday, 8th April 2017 from 10am until 2pm, and all are welcome!
Here’s an odd but important request I had in yesterday from Walsall Countryside Ranger Helen Sanger – she needs loads of clean, empty 2 litre drinks bottles!
An interesting history walk is taking place this Sunday, 26th March 2017 at Chasewater, entitled ‘Where does the water go?’ which takes a look at how the dam infrastructure functions, and some of the industrial history of Anglesey Basin and surrounds.
Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a preserved industrial railway right on our doorstep is holding it’s annual Industrial Gala this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 18-19th March 2017.
Continue reading →
Friend of the blog Jess Horsley has been in touch to ask me to spread the appeal for a stolen Star Pei dog, pictured above, that was stolen from her pal’s garden in Bloxwich on Monday 13th March 2017 – Jess wrote: