Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Coming soon: Community celebration street party at Brownhills Activity Centre!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- New Hall Mill open again this Bank Holiday Monday!
- Get set for Cockfest 2016!
- Chasewater Countryside Events and Guided Walks 2016 - details available here
- 1974: A death at Chasewater. What do you know?
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 3,447,195 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Pickle is eating sticky ribs, prawn balls and spring rolls. She's eaten about twice what I managed and is still eating. 19 minutes ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: Guys I don't mean to alarm anyone but I think Donald Trump has written in to the Daily Star under a fake name https://… 23 minutes ago
- RT @adrianshort: "Ethical socialism": Blocked for *1 time* suggesting @LabourEoin should clarify a point: twitter.com/adrianshort/st… #BlockedB… 33 minutes ago
- 'Gran isn't very happy with you' 'Iknow' 'You shouldn't JOKE LIKE THAT. You know she can't tell when you're BEING SILLY.' 33 minutes ago
- 'Any arguments?' 'Gran was a bit bossy but mummy took us for lunch and bought her a wine and she wasn't so BOSSY after that.' 35 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: classic lorries
Friend of the blog Chrissie Ismay has been in touch to let me know that there’s a Classic Car Show on at Walsall Arboretum this Sunday 17th July 2016.
Just a note to remind readers that it’s the Chasewater Transport Show today – After a long winter, petrol heads are preparing to descend in their droves on Chasewater…
Continue reading →
Just a note to remind readers that it’s the Chasewater Transport Show this weekend – After a long winter, petrol heads are preparing to descend in their droves on Chasewater…
Continue reading →
The Chasewater Transport Show – the annual event I plug here relentlessly every year – seemed to be in doubt back at the end of January, after major sponsors pulled out. A search for new ones ensued, and Helen Borton, the organiser, has worked hard to locate commercial partners to support this wonderful event.
Worrying news reaches me regarding one of my favourite annual events at Chasewater. Helen Borton, organiser of the brilliant, and very well attended annual Chasewater Transport Show has announced that two of the show’s sponsors have pulled out, leaving her in the lurch, and without replacement sponsors, the show just cannot go ahead.
Continue reading →
Well, the day came, and as I always do I pottered up to Chasewater to kick a few tyres, dream a few dreams and ponder over the cars of my youth. I love the Chasewater Transport Show, and as ever, … Continue reading →
Just a note to remind readers that it’s the Chasewater Transport Show today. After no little controversy, the grass is mown, the turtle wax is out and petrol heads are preparing to descend in their droves on Chasewater Country Park … Continue reading →