Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Pictures from the Pelsall Festival of Water 2016
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Temperance, even!
- Have you lost a calico cat in the Aldridge area?
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- A pictorial record
- Woodmen lose their mojo to Coleshill
- Chasewater Countryside Events and Guided Walks 2016 - details available here
- 3,451,266 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- It's GOLDEN AND BEATIFUL https://t.co/0Yr2EgVNDd 28 minutes ago
- SILLY NAME for a HOUSE https://t.co/e5B4HldAjW 1 hour ago
- Sorry folks, piling the miles in. 49 so far 1 hour ago
- This isn't s an OLD WINDMILL they made into a WATCHTOWER. Should have kept it as a MILL. It looks CREEPY now https://t.co/KmcUXGUthz 2 hours ago
- When we LOOKED IT UP THIS MORNING, Aunty explained they moved the people out first, and the water rose slowly so ANIMALS DIDN'T DROWN 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Bandstand
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon last weekend, and a very popular event in Bloxwich, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues on July 14th with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum. Again, this is … Continue reading →