Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 23rd - If the mist of the previous evening had been... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Frustratingly, I had to pop into Birmingham on... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Passing through Telford on a flying visit in the... February 23, 2018
- February 21st - Meanwhile, in Kings Hill Park the crowds are... February 21, 2018
- February 21st - Looking down Victoria Road from Darlaston Town... February 21, 2018
- February 20th - Spring is encroaching. This evening, coming... February 21, 2018
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Rest in peace Brian 'Bill' White: Funeral details announced
- October 1991 - MP calls for a two day exhibition of Toll Road
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- Class photos
- Two great events coming up from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Trust!
- Fired up
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- Have a great night of music and dance - and Back The Track!
- Follow my drift?
- 5,090,157 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Shannon Diana
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: Bandstand
I’d like to take this opportunity to plug the Carols in the Bandstand event at Walsall Arboretum, which is to be held in the beautifully refurbished park bandstand this Saturday, Saturday 16th December 2017, from 12:00 noon.
Continue reading →
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →