Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 28th - I’m seeing lots of these berries in patches of... September 28, 2016
- September 28th - Although not as dramatic, the following sunrise... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - It was clear when I left work that there was... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - I was lucky to spot this Japanese parasol... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - There’s still a bountiful crop of elderberries... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - On my way home in the road in the backstreets... September 28, 2016
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Heading for Chasewater from Brownhills along... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - At Calton, high in the Weaver Hills, I was... September 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- A lost line
- An unusually clear view
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - September 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- February 1995 - ￼Brownhills Loo-sing Out Again
- Your chance to catch a local legend - this Wednesday afternoon!
- Fired up
- A Walsall Wood Gentleman and Victorian Serviceman
- The class of 62
- Green grew the rushes
- You can help shape the future of community facilities in Clayhanger - tonight!
- 3,523,914 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Thanks to @jolangb - remarkable deer footage at Chasewater. Mr. Loverman is in the water... brownhillsbob.com/2016/09/28/dee… 25 minutes ago
- RT @AHappierDay: They'll never see me! https://t.co/s7AqDJmrMF 1 hour ago
- RT @SomeNewsLive: Disney's Big Thunder Mountain can cure kidney stones. And their haunted house is pretty good for constipation too. https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @HaggardHawks: The adjective CARMINATIVE describes any medicine that relieves trapped wind. (Joseph Addison—Tatler, 1710) https://t.co… 1 hour ago
- RT @nosliWtrautS: I'm not usually conspiracy theorist by nature but this is just weird, beyond bizarre. m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13288257.… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Bandstand
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon last weekend, and a very popular event in Bloxwich, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues on July 14th with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum. Again, this is … Continue reading →