Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 21st - As I neared Brownhills, a beautiful violet-red... September 22, 2017
- September 21st - Returning home after a long day through north... September 22, 2017
- 5,000 posts! Bimey. September 20, 2017
- September 20th - The conker (or horse chestnut to be formal for... September 20, 2017
- September 20th - A good fungal find near conifers by the canal... September 20, 2017
- September 19th - I had to visit Telford and when I arrived late... September 19, 2017
- September 19th n- One of the odder fruits of the autumn is the... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - It was grey and just after heavy rain when I... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - Riding through the backstreets of central... September 19, 2017
- September 17th - By the time I arrived at Shenstone 30 minutes... September 18, 2017
- September 17th - I left at lunchtime and headed to... September 18, 2017
- September 16th - I was being watched at Catshill Junction.My... September 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Get locked out in Walsall this Saturday
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering is this weekend!
- Meet your local coppers this Friday in Brownhills
- A past landscape from a surprise source
- Wood crushes Chelmsley
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Traffic incident causing holdups in Brownhills this morning
- Culvert investigations
- Seek and you shall find something familiar at The Lamp Arts this Friday!
- Details of improvement schemes to Streets Corner and Shire Oak junctions released
- 4,645,156 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Bandstand
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon last weekend, and a very popular event in Bloxwich, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues on July 14th with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum. Again, this is … Continue reading →