Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 21st - Unfortunately, I forget my camera so just one... February 22, 2017
- February 20th - I passed through Wednesbury late, a town I often... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - There were other stars, too though. The cats are... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - It was a warm day with an insistent wind and... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - I had to be in work on a Sunday, unusually,... February 21, 2017
- February 18th - Spotted on the canal between Black Cock and... February 19, 2017
- February 18th - Brakes. Can’t keep stopping like... February 19, 2017
- February 17th - On the way home, just on the cusp of darkness... February 19, 2017
- February 17th - I came through Kings Hill Park again around... February 19, 2017
- February 16th - On a misty, hazy mild and sunny lunchtime I... February 17, 2017
- February 17th - I noticed something today I’ve passed many times... February 17, 2017
- February 15th - The day had been warm for the time of year, and... February 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Appeal - do you know Barbara Roberts, formerly of Valley View?
- Local storm updates - post will be updated regularly
- Andrew Cooper: a former Walsall man missing form Stourport - the search continues
- Bogus gardeners operating once more in Brownhills - be vigilant
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- Police now 'Gravely concerned' for welfare of Amanda Hawkins
- Brownhills in black and white
- The school of 64
- Update on recent Chasewater Dam works from Andy Dennis
- 4,043,696 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Bandstand
This coming Saturday (7th June 2014) there’s a cracker of an event happening in Walsall Arboretum – the Environment Day features all the best is local music, seminars, stalls and all things green and environmentally sound, from gardening to organics and birds to bat advice!
Continue reading →
Following the massive success of the annual Bands on the Beacon event, and the fun that was The Bandstand Marathon in 2012 and the Arboretum Big Gig of last year, Walsall’s parks team are really pushing the boat out for live music and events this year.
Continue reading →
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
This Sunday 21st July 2013, the Chuckery Festival finishes in spectacular style – from 12pm to 6pm, there will be another afternoon of great live music at the Bandstand in Walsall Arboretum, and what’s more, it’s free.
[caption id="attachment_14869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Plenty of folk on bikes today, which was good to see[/caption] Continue reading →
Well, I nearly missed it due to other commitments, and like the Bands on the Beacon, I arrived late, but Our Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum this afternoon was brilliant – I can honestly say it was a cracking event the restored Arboretum basked in the sunshine, and Walsall, in all it’s diversity, came out to enjoy an afternoon of music and fun.
[caption id="attachment_14857" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Dalbir sings Jessie J whilst giving Table pro tips to a young apprentice[/caption] Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon a couple of weeks ago, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues today, Sunday July 14th 2013 with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum Continue reading →
Following the massive success of Bands on the Beacon last weekend, and a very popular event in Bloxwich, the summer of great open-air music in Walsall continues on July 14th with The Big Gig in Walsall Arboretum. Again, this is … Continue reading →